Race Inc. 73 Swinger

-
Thanks for the compliment!

Strictly going off memory as I'm at work.

215/55-17 in front and 245/50-17 in the rear. (They rub very lightly in the front when turning into an uphill driveway)
The wheels are 17"X7" American Racing T70R.

I have plans to powder either the centers or the entire wheel gold.

Wow awesome project not sure how I missed it till now.
Build is much like my 74 Swinger that sat in the garage on jack stands for 4 years without being touched and got back to her 2 years ago.
Cant wait for more updates as you have given me some ideas for mine.

One question what is the rim size and diameter as well as the tire size?

Interesting stuff. Thanks for the tip.

I'm mixing a little smoky and the bandit trans-am into this car, so I'm looking to do the same gold color used on late 70 S&B T/As.

Interesting stuff. Thanks for the tip.

I'm mixing a little smoky and the bandit trans-am into this car, so I'm looking to do the same gold color used on late 70 S&B T/As.

Sister had a 78 T.A.,sweet color.

I'm back at it. I'm in the process of getting the car ready for the Hot Rod Power Tour.

Done:
Installed LED headlamps
Cleaned up the look of the battery in the trunk
Installed 3 point belts in the front
Installed cool-tube around fuel lines (headers are very close to fuel lines)
Installed starter shield (headers again)

Next:
Install Sidewinder shifter
Install Corbeau Sport seats
Mount HalGuard fire extinguisher
Mount (1987-92 TA GTA) heat extractors in the hood
Mount Watson Streetworks drink holder (most important :))

Still not sure what I'm going to do for tunes. Worst case scenario, I have the exhaust.

Long break between posts.

Some updated pics below.

073.jpg

074.jpg

Checking for clearance of hood w/ scoop.
080.jpg

and more to come.

is that some kind of new hood?:glasses7: very clean car...nice!

Yes, it's the latest in hi-tech (insert laser sounds here) transparent hoods w/ carbon fiber tape hood strap...things?

Thanks for the compliment.

Nope, I decided to hold off as my carb setup hasn't given me any issues and I decided to spend $$$$ where I felt it was needed most...like a cup holder.

I'm still intrigued by EFI and will probably pull the trigger down the road.

I'm back at it. I'm in the process of getting the car ready for the Hot Rod Power Tour.

Are planning to start in Madison Wisconsin, or pickup the tour as it heads south? I am trying to get my junk ready, but I still haven't finished the A500 install.

Removing this from the list...Mount (1987-92 TA GTA) heat extractors in the hood.

Thought the placement could be done without interfering with the under hood supports and still be just aft the headers. Not so. Looking at other vent options, but likely won't get done before the Power Tour.

Seat holes drilled and plates made for under the floorboard. I went with Corbeau Sport seats and they're pretty nice. The color isn't an exact match, but it's at least in the same color range. Which is more than I can say for my passenger fender and door.

Next week it's on to the shifter.

Shifter is in, seats are mounted, fuel lines insulated, spare tire going on spare rim this morning. Very close to being Power Tour ready. I'll post more pics when the rain stops.

If anyone wants to follow my Power Tour photo feed, shoot me your email address via PM and I'll be happy to share.

-
Back