Rack Pinion to Steering Column

-

odie601

Reaction score
Finally got the 440 in the 1971 Demon. I want to hook up the manual Pinto Rack to the floor shift steering column. Any one have any pictures that will help me get started. From the pinion shaft to the column steering column shaft is around 14 inches. I know I will need a 9/19" -26-sline steering u-joint off the rack. A steering shaft 3/4" Heim, a 3/4" DD shaft, and a 3/4" coupler or u-joint on the steering column. Any information would be aWesome!! Can I get by with 2 u-joints?

Attachments

• IMG_0165.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 528
  • IMG_0166.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 602
  • IMG_0126.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 524
Two u joints and a hemi joint. Hemi joint goes overthe shaft make a Baraket to mout hemi to to support shaft u joints to hook shaft together

Two u joints and a hemi joint. Hemi joint goes overthe shaft make a Baraket to mout hemi to to support shaft u joints to hook shaft together

Uh, I think you mean a HEIM joint, using it for a bearing to support the shaft

Heim_joint_spacing.jpg

Are you running a stock k member? If so can you post some pics.

Tbanks, Aj

nothing appears stock there, theres tubes running under the car looks like a tubular K frame

This is an old AJE tubular k-frame I picked up at a swap meet. No motor mounts so I am using a motor-plate from Mancini Racing, AR Engineering is who make them. Might add a skid plate to strengthen it.

Attachments

• IMG_0121.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 614
-
Back