Rad support removal?

-
Drop them out the bottom. Of course the rad support can be removed but that’s a heck of a lot of unnecessary work! Unbolt the kmember and lift the car off. Or just pull them the old fashioned way.

Drop them out the bottom. Of course the rad support can be removed but that’s a heck of a lot of unnecessary work! Unbolt the kmember and lift the car off. Or just pull them the old fashioned way.
I agree; totally unnecessary. It's kind of like pulling your seats and console out before you vacuum your carpet. It might make the actual task of vacuuming easier, but then you have to put the seats back in. Plus, the rad support is welded in. I have painted many engine bays with a rad support in place. No problem.

Way easier to go over the top with the proper lift or go out the bottom. You'd have to drill spot welds or cut and patch.

I agree; totally unnecessary. It's kind of like pulling your seats and console out before you vacuum your carpet. It might make the actual task of vacuuming easier, but then you have to put the seats back in. Plus, the rad support is welded in. I have painted many engine bays with a rad support in place. No problem.
More like removing your teeth to clean them.

Sure. And you can cut the trunk floor out to remove the gas tank. Or cut the roof off to get the seats out.

Can one remove the rad support in a 68’ Dart to remove engine (440) and trans to paint engine bay?

Depends on what kind of car you are building. Cutting the core support can be a good idea on a race car since then you can pull the engine and transmission straight out the front. The core support typically isn't cut on a street car though. On my '72 Duster I had the stock core support cut out and replaced with the US Car Tool core support so I could use a full size radiator. It is a lot of work but it sure solves a bunch of problems.
DSC_1752 (Large).JPG
DSC_3631 (Large).JPG
DSC_3678 (Large).JPG

Depends on what kind of car you are building. Cutting the core support can be a good idea on a race car since then you can pull the engine and transmission straight out the front. The core support typically isn't cut on a street car though. On my '72 Duster I had the stock core support cut out and replaced with the US Car Tool core support so I could use a full size radiator. It is a lot of work but it sure solves a bunch of problems. View attachment 1715389341 View attachment 1715389342View attachment 1715389343
with enough fab and engineering, one could make that thing removeable/bolt in.

Or you could look into a USCT support. If you were hell bent on doing it. But there are spot welds all the way up the inner fenders, and some fun to combat on the front of the rails. I put a 327 in an s-10 when I was about 18. I cut the top of the support on both sides and welded it back when we were done. Seems unnecessary now. I would pull the motor and K frame and go out the bottom, that way you can really get in and clean everything without the suspension in the way.

Can one remove the rad support in a 68’ Dart to remove engine (440) and trans to paint engine bay?

Here is what I did to paint my engine bay. Unbolted everything and put the car up on jackstands in the paint booth.
DSC_3542 (Large).JPG

Depends on what kind of car you are building. Cutting the core support can be a good idea on a race car since then you can pull the engine and transmission straight out the front. The core support typically isn't cut on a street car though. On my '72 Duster I had the stock core support cut out and replaced with the US Car Tool core support so I could use a full size radiator. It is a lot of work but it sure solves a bunch of problems.

WOW Andy. Just Wow! Nice....Everything!!!

-
Back