Radiator 22"

-

dartgss

Mr Norm Forever!
Reaction score
Hi everybody

I got a questions and I hope you can give me some answers.

I want to replace my radiator, as it is from a 1969 C-Body, with a correct one.

Can I take the radiator away, without removing the blade fan or is it necessary to take the blade fan before away?

Thank you for any help.

Roby

On my 1965 Dart I have taken out my radiator without removing fan.

Regards
William

on my 1966 barracuda I removed and re-installed the radiator with out removing the fan

Usually you can pull the radiator straight up and clear the fan. If there is a shroud, you can remove it and push it back on the fan for clearance. Leaving the fan on avoids fooling with the fan belt. Disconnect tranny cooler lines first, if you have an automatic. I am surprised a C-body would fit. Pretty sure a B-body radiator is too tall to close the hood.

Thread should be called 'Radiator 26"' that's really what needs to happen; put the biggest one you can fit in the hole and call it a day. You'll thank yourself later.

Hi everybody

Thank you very much for your help.

1968 Dodge Dart GTS has original a 22" and some C-Bodys as well. But the numbers are not correct, that's why I want to replace it why a restored original 68 GTS 340 Torqueflite.

26" is for sure better, but I want to stay with factory original parts. Thank you very much for your help.

Kind regards

Roby

-
Back