Radiator Cap , What Are You Useing?

-

73dodgeman

Reaction score
Wondering What Lbs. Cap You Guys Are Useing On Your Alum Radiator? CANT GET THE 360 IN MY SCAMP TO KEEP COOL , I GUESS ITS HARD DOWN HERE IN FLA ON THE 95 DEGREE DAYS OF SUMMER??

Just wondering what fan or fan/clutch setup you have on it, How close is your fan shroud on it to your fan, and how old is your system? Have you ever flushed the rust/corrosion out of it? Right sized pulleys, fan blades facing the right way, or correct water pump installed. and last but not least, is it turning the right way?

One other thing, are you useing the factory gage on the dash, or some other way to measure the exact tempature

Have you pressure tested the cooling system and cap? Air bubbles in the radiator when running, and warmed up? Overflow tank installed?

What changes have you made recently, or since last summer (when it wasn't running hot?)

Just a couple of questions to respond to before we can try to answer your question easier.

How close should the fan be to the radiator? Thanks Jeff

You got a shroud? it should roughly be halfway hanging out (blades) of your shroud. If you don't, your looking at the wrong area of your cooling system. You need a shroud.

Shroud Could Be An Issue, I Have A Custom Made Stainless Covering The Top, I Do Have A Eletric Fan On The Front Pushing, Changed The Thermostat To A 180, Have Alum Pulleys, Flex Fan Is Going The Right Way, Ran It For A Good Hour And A Half In The 95 Degree Heat Yesterday, Seems Ok? Didnt Get To 200 Like It Used To, Have Not Took It For A Run Yet, Thanks For All Your Help Guys!, Any More Input Would Be Helpful, Tnx!!!!!

-
Back