Radiator cap

-

nasty68

Reaction score
For those of you guys using the jeg's or summit universal radiators, what radiator cap are you using? I need to go to the local part store to get one but am not sure which one to get. Thanks

For those of you guys using the jeg's or summit universal radiators, what radiator cap are you using? I need to go to the local part store to get one but am not sure which one to get. Thanks
We went with a 13lb, so that we wouldn't overtax the core and balloon the tubes.

and you lowered the booling point 50 degrees.

Well, since I didn't raise my ('booling") boiling point by adding coolant for summer use, it has worked out just fine. I use H2O and water soluble oil in the summer, and a 50/50 mix of antifreeze in the winter. And since the car has a properly maintained cooling system; the temperature never rises over 200 degrees before the electric fan comes on.

I guess my twenty five plus years of Mopar passion, twenty three years as a certified mechanic, along with my ten years of racing of Mopar circle track small blocks against the store bought Chevies, doesn't count for anything. I have sat back and monitored this website for quite sometime before becoming a member. I joined so that I could share some of my experiences with others who share similar passions of the Mopar badge.

I was just letting another member of the FABO group know what direction I had taken for my 17 year old sons 74 dart, 360 & 727. The results we have obtained are stellar, and thus the reasoning for my input.

"There are many different ways to get the results desired; Learn from others and always broaden your knowledge base."

This is what an old-time machinist told me while I was in back in highschool, and was having my first engine 360 block machined. These words have helped me learn more, because I keep an open mind to differing theories.

Respectfully,
Randy

02 Intrepid - Daily Driver
75 Dodge D100 Pick Up
74 Dodge Dart
73 Dodge B200 Kary Van
70 Plymputh Challenger
69 Dodge Dart Limited Stock Car
67 Dodge Coronet 440
35 Dodge Bros. Pick-Up

I even run a 91 FLD120 Freightliner with a N14 Cummins...

**Pentastar Pride**

Ted, was just stating a fact, nothing more. He mentioned nothing against you or your past experiences.

Chuck

Seems Rady is a bit touchy. YIKES! Relax dude. You went off on a mini rant on a single comment. Also, worth a mention your spelling correction of "Booling" point. We just about all mis-spell a few words here.

Do so enter your "Input" and thoughts and advice on what you know works. Thats what your here for right? To help others?

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_10002_870885_-1

720-2471S.jpg

720-2471S.jpg

720-2471S.jpg

...."There are many different ways to get the results desired; Learn from others and always broaden your knowledge base."

This is what an old-time machinist told me while I was in back in highschool, and was having my first engine 360 block machined. These words have helped me learn more, because I keep an open mind to differing theories.

And a slightly different way to put that, Randy, is this: "There's more than one way to skin a cat, but there are none that the cat is gonna like!" And, yes, I do share my space with a couple of "Watch Cats"!

-
Back