[Found!] Radiator fan shroud 68 Barracuda

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
slant 6, LA V8, and big block = 3 different shroud part numbers.

Ohhhh hmmmm... novice here, sorry :/ so it's a 68 Cuda but has a 440 out of a 70 Road Runner

I have read of fan diameter issues with the OEM shrouds. So we'll need to wait for someone who has done this swap to chime in. Good luck

The main question is what are u using for a radiator and fan blade diameter???
The factory used the same shroud in '68-'69 for all V8's (318, 340, 383, 440) with and without A/C. The factory part # is 2785614. Someone reproduced them years ago, but from what i've heard they weren't very good, flimsy.

If you wanted to go with the factory radiator for '68 u would pay big bucks for one. The part # ends in 033. Glen Ray's reproduced them at one time but no longer have any. For '69 the # is 2949065

Last edited:
The factory used the same shroud in '68-'69 for all V8's (318, 340, 383, 440) with and without A/C. The factory part # is 2785614. Someone reproduced them years ago, but from what i've heard they weren't very good, flimsy.

If you wanted to go with the factory radiator for '68 u would pay big bucks for one. The part # ends in 033. Glen Ray's reproduced them at one time but no longer have any. For '69 the # is 2949065

If you need 1 with the 2785614 part number, I have 2 original's for sale at $150 each plus shipping. PM me if you need 1. Greg.

fan shrouds.jpg

So I figured out I would need 2785614... but ehhhh didn't realize they go for that much LOL :)

So I figured out I would need 2785614... but ehhhh didn't realize they go for that much LOL :)
I paid $150 for mine about 15 years ago and didn't know they went for that much then either, and I had to talk the guy out of it as it was bolted to the correct radiator and he was hesitant to separate them. Shoot me your zip code and I will see what shipping is and maybe we can work out something! Thanks. Greg

Price varies with sellers. I paid 50 plus shipping for a OEM 614 for my 67 commando vert project. Its got some undercoating overspray on it but otherwise nice. I had read a post from a big block owner in a different forum. He found that the slant 6 shroud ( # ends in 049? I forget ) has almost exactly opposite fan hole offset and will install upside down for V8. So I bought one of those ( also 50 bucks ) for my driving 67. This 273 and restored radiator doesn't need a shroud but I did hope to add a/c someday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back