Radiator help!!

-

Brian c

Reaction score
My 1973 dart sport was a slant 6 car but im still in the middle of putting my 408 in it. I bought a rad for a 1973 dodge dart sport ( v8 ) from champion thinking that it should fit cause its for a v8 car. I went to go put it in the other day and it does not look like it will fit. looks like the hood isnt going to close. Im just wondering if im missing something or do you guys think they sent my the wrong rad? does anyone have the dimensions of the rad that will fit my car after i put the v8 in it?

Thanks for the input in advance!

Did you get a 22 or 26 inch radiator I think the 26 will take some mods but the 22 should drop right in.

well crap! its a 26. The width doesnt look like to big of a deal but it looks to high. I have my hood off right now but just by eyeing it up it doesnt look like its low enough.

I know many B-body ones look similar but are slightly too tall to close the hood.

Posting Height measurements might shed some light on this.

well crap! its a 26. The width doesnt look like to big of a deal but it looks to high. I have my hood off right now but just by eyeing it up it doesnt look like its low enough.

Does the 26" width prevent the rad from sitting down between the frame rails?

sorry i took so long to get back to this. Haven't been on here in a while. yes it is CC374 that i have. does anyone know what mods i have to do to make it fit? think its worth the time or is going with the CC526 just as good? dont want any heating problems.

-
Back