Radiator hoses

-

Mouse action

Reaction score
Does anyone know the part numbers or where to get new hoses for a 64 valiant with 273?

Go to mymopar.com and download your year parts book.

Search for the hose that fits your application.

Google the part number, or try rock auto.

Also your local parts store might be able to get you a part number

My local Autozone shows both in stock so they are very common the upper is a Continental C90383 and the lower is a Dayco C70306. Note that sometimes off the shelf hoses require trimming to fit.

Yes, I think the molded upper hose is not our app but you can trim about an inch off it and it will fit. Lower was new to me, I though it was available? The flex hose on top is a little tacky but I've done it before too. Ever buy one that has a plastic loop to hang it and they put the hole in the hose? WTF?

Look closely at photos. The lower hose is fairly standard if you have the correct radiator and water pump. In early 273 those have 1.5"OD tubes and are on driver side (recall, later small-block are 1.75"OD outlets on passenger side). I used a later water-pump and radiator in my 1965 273, but not a wise choice (caused many issues). The upper hose depends a lot on if an AC compressor and whether factory or aftermarket. You may have to customize a hose. I wouldn't use those flex hoses. Many hot-rodders use the earlier F-150 upper hose since long with many bends and only $8. By cutting it and inserting an aluminum splice piece, they can orient the bends to fit most anything. Not terrible since that splice can incorporate a debris screen and/or ports for the temperature sensor and come cheap in purty colors on ebay. Small-block T-stat nipples come in various shapes, and may have varied if factory AC or not, and may have been changed if an after-market compressor. If you buy a new one, avoid chrome-plated ones which soon flake. I used a stainless one from ebay on my 273.

273 64 - 66 A- body Lower hose using stock water pump that goes to the drivers side... Gates 20386
Not that long ago I needed one and found it local !

-
Back