Radiator #

-

moparstud440

Reaction score
I have a radiator that I took out of my 1969 Barracuda /6 auto non A/C car. I thought the radiator was original, but the numbers on the radiator is 3450354. Looking at the 1969 parts manual it says it should be 2949073. Anyone happen to know what a 3450354 radiator originally came out of?

Is that number on a tag soldered to the tank or embossed into the tank.

At least in 67 it is that way and the soldered on one is the part number the imbossed (IIRC) is the manufacturer of the rad number.

My soldered on tag is missing, but you get the point
16234216288818409183768918319154.jpg

Is that number on a tag soldered to the tank or embossed into the tank.

At least in 67 it is that way and the soldered on one is the part number the imbossed (IIRC) is the manufacturer of the rad number.

My soldered on tag is missing, but you get the pointView attachment 1715750342
The number is on the tag. I'll have to look at the tank when I get home to see if that has the correct #'s on it.

I looked all over the radiator and the only #s on it are the one on the tag that's attached to the fins. The radiator was cleaned up and painted gloss black at some point, so guess it's either a replacement radiator or the tanks have been changed. I'm assuming all factory radiators had the tanks marked/stamped?

I'm assuming all factory radiators had the tanks marked/stamped
Found this image seems to have stampings on the top, don't know the year but there are no cross rod springs so that puts it at other than early A and the top of the tank is more square which I think started in 69ish (67 is rounded)

Google Image Result for https://www.allpar.com/cdn-cgi/image/format=auto,onerror=redirect,width=1920,height=1920,fit=scale-down/https://www.allpar.com/attachments/barracuda-1969-engine-jpg.56407/

Looks like a square top. 1970 up AFAIK. If its a Chrysler original there will be a pentastar stamped in the tank..

-
Back