Radio delete plate does not fit.

-
Just remembered - My 65, radio, went in from the back side ( under the dash - then in). -- Of course, they have to.
Valiant - 23.jpg
65 Radio - V and B.JPG

Last edited:
Not a match. -- Or, is just camera angle ?
His 66  rADIO.JPG
66 Face Plate.JPG

Last edited:
-- What I meant was, that it looks like the face plate doesn't fit on the radio. --- Does it ?
No it does not. The delete plate does not match up with radio dials.
The factory radio chrome and silver fits perfectly and does cover the holes.

No it does not. --
-- Do You have a cover plate that matches the radio ? -- If so, does it (the cover plate) cover the hole in the dash, completely ? -- If all of this is Yes, -- then are You sure that You have the correct radio, for that car ?

Not the right cover plate obviously. Trace out the radio hole and post measurements/pic and put your delete plate up for sale/trade.
Radio fits the hole properly and its correct radio, then obviously plate is wrong. You shown that as plate doesnt match up with radio knobs.
Unless there is a part # on that plate, its application is hearsay anyway right?
Trade for correct one. Or run the radio plate, looks sharp!

You have the correct radio and chrome plate. #on right side of radio is 6BVS 272576 and part # on plate is 258078. Could a Valiant radio have different mounting holes, the radio is different

As I stated above, I made one that shape for my 66 B-Cuda. It fits in, and looks real good. They are easy to make.
If you wanted, you could driil too holes, where the radio knobs go, and use some short round head carridge bolts, make some big washers for the back, and bolt it on. Can paint it any color you want , before install.

Dave

-
Back