Radio delete

-

Private Idaho

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
On a car with the radio delete option, what did the factory do about the antenna hole in the fender? I'm ditching my radio and antenna and don't really want to weld the hole closed
Any ideas?

I thought the radio delete right side fender had no hole.
?
Mine has no hole, but I have a hidden internal retrograde antenna.
Screenshot_20210716-222432_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Plastic hole grommet? like the ones used in the floor pan. A new one the correct size wouldnt look totally horrible. I suppose painting it body color would make it not even there.

The best you can do. Most hardware stores and home centers have these.

plug2.jpg

Plastic hole grommet? like the ones used in the floor pan. A new one the correct size wouldnt look totally horrible. I suppose painting it body color would make it not even there.
Just had a thought. I'm going to look at the stainless plugs they use to cover unused holes in a stainless steel sink. Seems they may be about the right size

That's an electrical part.
Called a KO (knockout) plug in post #6.
Will be easier to find than a SS sink plug.
They come in many sizes.
A 1/2" KO in electric terms is actually a 7/8" hole.

I like this idea, but the plastic jobbies might lay flatter and not ding up paint......if thats a concern. Is it the car in the avatar? @Private Idaho.

Yes, it is the car in the avitar. I'm going to restore the interior (not to factory) and polish up all the bright work but leave the paint as is. The body is straight as an arrow and rust free.
The car is originally from Idaho. Hence the name Private Idaho for the project.

Some had no hole, some models used the plastic plug. I have a couple of the NOS plastic plugs. I will be restoring a radio delete car. The plug does not fit the hole in my 74 dart sport fender so im going to weld in a plug and re-drill the correct size. The plug was slightly smaller than the antennae hole in the fender.

What's the hole diameter size to accommodate the plug?
That would be good info for the future.
Thanks

I measured the plug and its made for a 13/16" hole. Part number is 3501331
Found this info on the google machine.
Antenna Hole Plug# 3501331 – B – C – F – M – R – Body – 1974-83 – NOS

Fits 1975-78 B body Dodge; 1975-76 Coronet, 1975-78 Charger, SE, 1977-78 Monaco, Plymouth 1975-78 Fury, Sport Fury, 1974-77 C body Dodge Monaco, Royal Monaco, 1974-77 Plymouth Gran Fury, 1974 Fury, 1976-80 F body Dodge Aspen, Plymouth Volare, 1979-83 M body Dodge Diplomat, Chrysler LeBaron, 1979 R body Dodge Magnum XE, Chrysler Cordoba, 1980-83 R body Plymouth Gran Fury, Dodge St. Regis, Chrysler Newport, New Yorker, 1983 M body Plymouth Caravelle models. This is the front fender antenna hole plug,chrome plastic,with black insert. Use on models with out radio / radio delete models. 1-88-6 / 23B-1700/5.

I have seen them selling anywhere from $20 to $150.

-
Back