Radio Ideas?

-

scrag

Reaction score
Does anyone have any other radio ideas other than the glovebox or under the seat....more like somewhere under the dash. Please post your opinions. my goal is to not make a single cut in my dash and will try anything not too. Thanks.

You could have your original radio upgraded with modern internal components.

Same looks with a cool new sound. Several companies do this, unfortunately I do not have links.

thanks. That doesnt sound like a bad idea only issue on my part is that I've already bought a new radio haha.

Yeah techno has come miles.

There is always a Ipod or cell phone that stores music so you really don't need a head unit. I'm not up on the amping the music from the ipod but I bet it isn't that big. I know they have Ipod plug in system for motorcycles and most of the motorcycles systems are pretty loud. Just a thought.

I bought a stereo mounting box and screwed it under the dash.

kenwood head, orion [old orion when they were really good], hyphonics,jbl/pyle basically a 12''sub, componets in the doors, rear deck 2 ways. 680 watts

Personally I never turn it on...would rather roll down the window and hear a great sounding exhaust system.....just me!:cheers:

If your new radio has a remote, you can mount it anywhere. All kinds of room in the trunk! :) I've seen some nice console/hump mounts using the '71-up B and E housing setup too.

Scrag,

I bought the secret audio sst. it was well worth it I mounted it under the seat and I put the remote indicator control panel between the seats when i am using it. when i am showing i just put the indicator under the seat and its gone. i also have a sirius satillite and it comes with an ipod cable so you can control the ipod from one unit. plus it has a usb jack. its the greatest radio i have even installed and very easy to mount. the radio is not big at all and can go anywhere. seat was just easier for me.

I dont know about secret audio but a marine stereo has a wired remote with complete LED display. So the head unit goes in the trunk or wherever You have channel, track info, clock, etc.. on the dash with a refrigerator magnet.

-
Back