ragged ragtop 68 fish

-

cuda67bnl

Reaction score
I picked up this ragged 68 last night. It needs a LOT of lovin........ Still haven't had a chance to look it over good. I looked at it in the dark thursday night, went and picked it up in the dark last night, then was gone all day today and didn't get home until right at dark. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have a chance to see just how bad of shape it's in. I know the quarters are shot, as well as the rockers, and both front fenders need some work. There's an extra fender laying in the floor, but haven't gotten it out yet. The floors are gonna need a little work, but they're nowhere near as bad as my notch was. Slant 6 car, 3 on the tree, not running at this time. Manual brakes, manual steering. I'm gonna go see if the fender tag is on it in a little while as I didn't look when I bought.

The lady I bought it from is still looking for the passenger seat and the rear seat, but I got the drivers seat. There's supposed to be an extra windshield too. Not sure what my plans are for it right now.

A few pics from the storage building it's been sitting in......

100_1584.jpg

100_1586.jpg

100_1587.jpg

100_1588.jpg

100_1582.jpg

100_1581.jpg

A few more pics from late tonight. I'll get better ones when I get a chance to roll it off the trailer. I also just ran out and checked, and the fender tag is gone. There's a lot of stuff in the trunk though, so maybe it's in there somewhere.

100_1591.jpg

100_1593.jpg

100_1594.jpg

100_1595.jpg

100_1596.jpg

I think it's better then the pics show. The body looks pretty solid other then the fenders. I can't wait to see this build.

Nice find! It needs a lot of work. But hey it is a Vert so that is nice. Cant wait to see this one come together. Good luck with the build.

This old thing is in pretty damn bad shape, with a lot of rot. Chances are, I'll likely end up parting it out. There's several things I may end up using on my 67 notch though. The dash bezel will likely go in the notch, as well as the dash pads since I'm putting a 68 dash in it. The remote mirror will probably go in it too. The grills are in decent shape, so I may hang on to those, along with the tail lenses. Will probably keep the pedal set up in case I ever wanna convert to a 4 speed. And I've been seriously thinking about putting manual steering on the other car, so I now have a manual box. The quarters really suck, but I think I have an idea. I'm gonna start doing the body work on my notch soon, including quarter patches, and a fender patch. Since this thing is in such bad shape already, I think I'll practice on it. I think I'll take the paint off the quarter, cut it off, then reweld it back on. Since I can't hurt this thing any more than it already is, it'll be good practice for when I start cutting on the notch. No sense screwing up my other project when this one can be the guniea pig.

100_1597.jpg

100_1598.jpg

100_1599.jpg

100_1600.jpg

100_1601.jpg

100_1602.jpg

100_1603.jpg

100_1604.jpg

100_1605.jpg

100_1606.jpg

100_1607.jpg

I've seen a lot worse project foundations. If you should decide to change the interior color give me a chance to trade black ones for the red ones.
Harvest those 2 lil light fixtures out of those panels and put them in a safe place. Vert spacific pieces are golden. Not all are repoped.
I'd be praying about getting the rear seat frame.
Good luck with it and keep us posted.

I think you have it backwards. Cut up the notch and fix the vert. There is nothing like a drop top. As for the rear seat, yes if you are going to go totaly original then pray it turms up. If you don't mind a little fab work the rear seat in the Sebring convertibles are the same dimension.

I didn't have it backwards. My notch is a much more solid car, and I much prefer them to the verts or fastbacks. I should know about the remaining seats in the next few days.

The older model verts aint all that. Loads of wind noise and very cold inside too.
We enjoyed our 93 Lebarron vert all year round.

The older model verts aint all that. Loads of wind noise and very cold inside too.
We enjoyed our 93 Lebarron vert all year round.

I would have to agree my Sebring is a much quieter car on the inside but then again I really didn't hear the wind noise in the cuda over the engine:twisted:
I would have to say they are about equal on being warm in the winter. That seemed to be the only time the 68 ran well.

Finally got the remaining seats for this junker. They're in surprisingly good shape. One small rip on the passenger front seat, as well as a little foam damage on the bottom side. But nothing major. One pushed in spot on the rear seat from where they were stacked on top of each other, but that should pop back out on it's own once it settles. I'm probably gonna part this thing out, so I may be listing a bunch of stuff for sale soon. Unless someone wants to pay me way too much for the whole thing.

100_1620.jpg

100_1621.jpg

100_1622.jpg

100_1626.jpg

100_1623.jpg

100_1624.jpg

100_1625.jpg

That looks to be an original silver car with red interior - they sure look good restored!!

-
Back