Rally cluster in a base 70 swinger dash frame.

-

forced 340

Reaction score
hey guys! has anyone ever put a 70 rally cluster in a base 70 swinger dash frame? i assume there is cutting involved. can it be done? pics if anyone has done it? thanks guys!

right. i am wondering if it can be done with the dash still in the car. i did it with a 72 dash but it was a lil different.

Yeah its been done. Total cost for one member was reportedly around 1200.00 That would vary depending on condition of the rally panel you start with, etc..
Cutting the standard dash opening larger isn't the main issue. Adding metal where there isn't any is an issue. Those few screws across the top of your standard panel are in different locations from those in a rallye panel. The metal where those screws find U nuts attached isn't continuous.
If you can conquer that, small differences in the wiring and such aren't such an issue.

I did the Rallye Cluster Conversion on my '74 Duster, with a '67 Barracuda Cluster.

Total Cost involved : About $110 (Cluster cost me $100) The cluster I bought had been damaged on the end toward the glovebox, so I cut it off there

hey guys! has anyone ever put a 70 rally cluster in a base 70 swinger dash frame? i assume there is cutting involved. can it be done? pics if anyone has done it? thanks guys!
Ck out my for sale post. It can be done as I’m converting a standard dash to a Rally dash. There is some cutting n bending some metal. Also the standard dash opening top to bottom is a tad smaller but in my pic you can see I rounded out two places for the gage cluster to fit n it works. I need to fix the radio area n paint it.
Thanks

03227FF4-19E5-48D5-B855-0E5B9ED2FEA6.jpeg

Since the whole dash interchanges from 67 on, why not just look and find a ralley frame?

Since the whole dash interchanges from 67 on, why not just look and find a ralley frame?
Because I’d heard that some guy modified a Standard dash to a rally dash frame n I wanted to see if I could do it n I did. I also thought if I got one modified then I’d sell it too. Reason why is more guys are looking for metal Rally dash frames than standard n I didnt want an extra standard dash just taking up my garage space

-
Back