rally mirror question

-
Are ralley mirrors two different shapes (passenger side oval w/ a point and driver side more rectangular

Yep.

Copy of SDswap0024.JPG

Copy of SDswap0023.JPG

Um.... no difference in any of the 6 pairs I have had other than L or R Base.
Your Drivers side is a body but I don't know what your Passenger side one is from.
May be a 1970 E Body one? They had simular small bases.

Later,
Bruce B.

The mirrors that autoxcuda posted are correct for A-Bodies.

I think they changes them a little in 72? I have seen a few sets that look identical on each side and then I have seen more sets like that all over the place. Either way, they are correct for A body cars and most sets are going for 250-300 price range.

Um.... no difference in any of the 6 pairs I have had other than L or R Base.
Your Drivers side is a body but I don't know what your Passenger side one is from.
May be a 1970 E Body one? They had simular small bases.

Later,
Bruce B.

No, the 1970 ONLY E-body ralley mirror have completely different bases made for the angularity of the door.

The A-body rallies are the same as the rarely optioned 1970 B-body rally mirror.

The drivers and passenger mirror tops will not interchange for any Mopar remote mirrors, chrome oval or rallye type.

It's just the top mirror housing is more pointed on the passenger side.

I just went out and measured.... the passenger mirror itself is wider and shorter thant he drivers side. So yes, the actual mirrors are different left to right.

I'm thinking of sticking them on my 68 Barracuda in hopes to actually see out of the passenger mirror. I'm hoping the mirror edge is out more so I can use it. I haven't tried it to actually find out.

My O.E. 1968 passenger mirror (remote style) that came of the assembly line is totally useless. All the other 68 (I sure others too) A-bodies seem same thing. Maybe different due to seating position or how tall you are, but I doubt it.

I think they changes them a little in 72? I have seen a few sets that look identical on each side and then I have seen more sets like that all over the place. Either way, they are correct for A body cars and most sets are going for 250-300 price range.

They are all the same originally. Just depends how you take the picture to show the crisper passenger side edge. Primered ones might hide the edge more.

they look like the ones pictured so i think i am good to go, got them for $75 so i feel like i got a good deal

-
Back