Rally wheels. color combo suggestions.

-

ryan1428

Reaction score
Got a beater station wagon. Would like to do something with the wheels. Any ideas on a different color combos? Thinking of semi gloss black or body color "if I can find the body color in a can".

[ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/52676656@N02/10061694683/"]960163_10151618302271143_1962363735_n | Flickr - Photo Sharing![/ame]

Anyone see pics on the internet of other color combo of rally wheels?

Only pics I have are old poorleroys. I don't have a scannier
Our first 67 fish was ww1 white with red guts. I painted the rallys body color and put red dust shields behind them to keep the disc brake dust off.
There are pics of a very similar fish in a old thread here somewhere.

If you have a Polaroid. Could you take a pic with you phone? If you have time. You could post it or email it to me. Appreciate it.

The poorleroys are from the 80s . I no longer have that car. Sorry
For a more detailed description... I had bright chrome aftermarket trim rings on those wheels and had also removed to textured argent from those sombrero centers.

Sorry.....meant take a pic of the Polaroid with the camera. Not the best quality, but works in a pinch?

That's a cool wagon! I think it looks good with them silver. It helps break up the the color of the car. If you don't want to stay with the silver or "argent" color try gloss black. Either way it's a cool car! Good luck!

Thanks, The rims are kinda pitted....might take a lot of work to get them smooth. When I see the sassy grass go green cars I really like the Matte black stripes on the hoods and side. But I have a lot of stainless/chrome. Think it might clash. Matte or gloss might look good on rims....since they are 14s....afraid they may look smaller. But I do agree, the color needs to be broken up....where is Chip Foose when you need him.

Want to see what they will look like in green. Waste a roll of Frog tape. Cover both wheels on one side and back away. Look at it a while.

Have a can of Rustolium Hammered paint Gray. Like the frog tape idea, think I'll try that. Hope they have a flat black tape I can use in the same way.

-
Back