Rallye Dash Help.

-

Scampin

Reaction score
Hey Guys
I'm in the process of putting a rallye dash cluster in.... I hacked a standard dash frame to fit the rallye dash, fits good. Marked the holes. Drilled.

What screws are you supposed to use to secure the cluster? The holes are HUGE. PLease. Help. Pic's, description, where to find?

Thanks

You mean the holes in the frame are too big?? If so, I could be wrong but arent there clips that go on the frame??

No the holes in the actual cluster, they are very large. It looks as if a really wide flat screw head is needed, but it doesn't sound right to me, thus this post and a quest of knowledge.

I will see if i can get some pics tomorrow but the scews are just a large head that basicly holds the bezel in,they do not clamp the bezel in place.

The wiring harness is different in the rallye dash cars too, so make sure you have the correct harness or the correct plugs to adapt yours to the new cluster.

Wiring harness? We don't need no stinking wiring harness. Lol

Thanks guys. Pics would be great. I assume the screws are chrome?

Scampin I have been trying to find out what goes in the large holes to secure the top edge. No help yet. Hopefully someone come to the rescue.

Scampin I have been trying to find out what goes in the large holes to secure the top edge. No help yet. Hopefully someone come to the rescue.

I havent got a pics yet but its just large head screws that keep the bezel from falling forward.They do not have a shoulder and there is nothing they clamp to,they just screw tight to the dash frame and hold the bezel from sliding out.The other screws are what actualy tighten or clamp the bezel to the dash,hope that makes sense.

The brim of the rallye bezel has a piece of sheet metal screwed to it with tiny nuts and screws. The sheet metal has holes for the attaching to dash screws. It also serves as a heat shield. The brim does get wavy sometimes even with that sheet metal piece in place. The attaching screws you can see under the brim are chrome Filister head screws. mrgusa.com has them.

The brim of the rallye bezel has a piece of sheet metal screwed to it with tiny nuts and screws. The sheet metal has holes for the attaching to dash screws. It also serves as a heat shield. The brim does get wavy sometimes even with that sheet metal piece in place. The attaching screws you can see under the brim are chrome Filister head screws. mrgusa.com has them.

Thanks Redfish. Mine is missing the heatshield but I do see 4 small 1/8 holes toward the rear of the cluster that look like the should have something screwed to it. This really makes sense now. I will have to fabricate one for this.

Thanks Redfish. Mine is missing the heatshield but I do see 4 small 1/8 holes toward the rear of the cluster that look like the should have something screwed to it. This really makes sense now. I will have to fabricate one for this.

I can send you the shield and its screws for the cost of shipping.
I dont have those filister head screws onhand but I can have them in 2 weeks. I've been meaning to order more but I keep forgetting to do so.
Mr. G has a minimum order charge so unless you make a list of 25 bucks or more....
pm me if I can help.

-
Back