Ran my RhS headed 410 Friday....

-

w2360Duster

No Patience
Reaction score
Went to Bakersfield Friday night fer T&T, very busy night. Gates didn't open till 7PM, teched the car at dusk my some grumpy :angry7:eek:le bastard who raked me over the coals and couldn't find my snell rating on my helmet and ripped all the lining out of it LOL, hey my home installed rollbar etc made the passing grade.

Didn't make my 1st pass till 8;15 ,i was the 9th car down the track and the 5th car in my lane. Car left the line good(see pic LOL) and then when it settled the rear suspension became unloaded and spun the tires bad enough to the tune of a dissapointing 1.81 60ft. Shifted around 6200 and ran a 11.56 at 119.82:-?

Oh i had my M/T drag radials set at 15.5 psi may have been too little of tire pressure i don't know? and i didnt have much time , i retarded the timing 2* and set the tires at 16.5.

Went back up to the line and finally ran my 2nd pass at 9;37pm next pass was not recorded on video but probably about the same leave? 60ft was a terrible 1.673 1/8 was 7.13 at 97.31 and ran a 11;20 at119.92 no improvement in MPH.

I have no idea hat the Dense Altitude was on that given night but i heard today even thoufgh the weather was semi cool the D/A could of been as much as 5 to 6k ft.

Last pass of the night 11.07 PM, decided to see if my flowmasters were choking me , uncorked it setted up 2 sizes front and rear and ran a dissapinting worse 60ft 1.715 at 98.11 and ran at 11;18 at121.03 NO IMPROVEMENT!! well im not Bob Glidden nor a arm chair quarterback but when i run it again i beleve it will be a good 3mph faster and 3tenths quicker.

Your times are exactly the same as I just ran today and yesterday.Mines a 410 with eddy heads.I,m swapping my rear slicks to 29 inch from 28 inch(biggest I can fit in the 66 Dart)hopefully this will help me get my 10.99?

PS My 60fts were 1.56-1.61,s.

Youve been heard these tires are my 1st set of M/T ETstreet radials 275-60s and will be the last. It has 4.10s It will not even think of hooking on the street with a good ole fashion water burnout and rollin thru Vht compound.I have a good idea of what im gonna do the the rear suspension and it wont be cal tracs.

Sounds like it ran good for the first time out! Keep me posted on your trip to Fontana. I want to take my 70 410 4spd out for a blast or 2! I do need some slicks though

Sounds like it ran good for the first time out! Keep me posted on your trip to Fontana. I want to take my 70 410 4spd out for a blast or 2! I do need some slicks though
Hey thanks Louis, i will
let you know, but i had to borrow a friends trailer and need my OWN. i truley believe i jetted too much for what i thought would be 600ft alt, but as you know that thing (our 410s) have a heapin helpin of torque. with tuning in the daylight and getting the tires to stay planted its gunna run!!!!! Yes put some slicks on it.

Youve been heard these tires are my 1st set of M/T ETstreet radials 275-60s and will be the last. It has 4.10s It will not even think of hooking on the street with a good ole fashion water burnout and rollin thru Vht compound.I have a good idea of what im gonna do the the rear suspension and it wont be cal tracs.

looks like you need sum pimp juice
grinningsmileynotheethda1.gif

http://pimpjuicetraction.com/

http://www.1320video.com/gallery/CDVI/IMG_0320
http://www.1320video.com/gallery/CDVI/IMG_0325

It's got 10.70-10.80 in it hooking up. It ran 120ish and as fast as 121, not bad.

Not bad for the first night out.

More air in the tires, like almost 20#. I know Sloans car runs his ET Radials up there for pressures. His car goes low 1.40ish 60's. Sounds like track prep was pretty bad. If you have adjustable shocks on the rear, stiffen them up.

Sometimes the DA is on your timeslip. Summertime in Field is usually not very good for DA.

It's got 10.70-10.80 in it hooking up. It ran 120ish and as fast as 121, not bad.

Not bad for the first night out.

More air in the tires, like almost 20#. I know Sloans car runs his ET Radials up there for pressures. His car goes low 1.40ish 60's. Sounds like track prep was pretty bad. If you have adjustable shocks on the rear, stiffen them up.

Sometimes the DA is on your timeslip. Summertime in Field is usually not very good for DA.
Thanks Rob, your support means alot. I think if it hooks it will knock off about 2 tenths also maybe a 1.45 to 1.47? I got caught up reading some drag radial test on a 70 Nova from a few years ago and the said it 60 the best with 15 psi, i knew any lower will Not help. and i had limited time for tuningat Bako.
I think if i get down and dirty with the jetting (leaner! this thinng blunders so bad) it should help a few mph combined with a better scoop system. Well next will be Fontana after i get a trailer.

Just looking at the raw numbers.

If you get it to 60 in the mid 1.4x range, it will knock roughly 3 tenths out of your ET. Low 1.40 gets you in the 10.70's is my guess. Figure 10.90 to start and find another .1 or so in tuning. Sounds pretty doable.

How did the converter react, you recall where it flashed, RPM in the traps?

Might have to slow the front end coming down.

Let me know when you hit Fontucky.

Where's the video... LOL

Just looking at the raw numbers.

If you get it to 60 in the mid 1.4x range, it will knock roughly 3 tenths out of your ET. Low 1.40 gets you in the 10.70's is my guess. Figure 10.90 to start and find another .1 or so in tuning. Sounds pretty doable.

How did the converter react, you recall where it flashed, RPM in the traps?

Might have to slow the front end coming down.

Let me know when you hit Fontucky.

Where's the video... LOL
I meant to add that it would pick up et overall from a 2tenth better 60 LOL, the converter will stall 4500 rollin and layin into it, dont know the flash im tryin to get used to the car leaving especially know it gonna start spinnin as soon as it takes off. so thats where im concentrating for now. It went like 6100 thru the traps, so it seems the converter is working well? I have video i will send you but a 5 year old could of done better, im so pissed about it. LOL

Nothing wrong with the m/t drag radials my "street' car has 60' 1.40's..i know guys running in the 9's with them...

I meant to add that it would pick up et overall from a 2tenth better 60 LOL, the converter will stall 4500 rollin and layin into it, dont know the flash im tryin to get used to the car leaving especially know it gonna start spinnin as soon as it takes off. so thats where im concentrating for now. It went like 6100 thru the traps, so it seems the converter is working well? I have video i will send you but a 5 year old could of done better, im so pissed about it. LOL

What gear and what tire diameter and what weight.

Dude, if that thing went that low 11's at that speed and it REALLY was 5000+ ft DA, it's a 10 second player, BELIEVE ME. I wouldn't be changing too much on the rear suspension, until I played with the tire pressure. And here's another traction hint: Next weekend Bako has a divisional race, right? The tracked will be better prepped. Get out the following weekend for test and tune/brackets and the surface should be much better.

Our RHS 416 went 10.33 @ 131 through the muffs at over 2,000 DA...with ONLY 30 degrees of timing. It has Cal-tracs and his mono springs.

Converter "flash" is important to ET's. We only go low 1.40's in 60' as the converter has a conservative stator. If we could go 1.35, I'd see a low .20 on the board. There is alot to be gained or lost with the converter.

Refresh us with the entire combo, will ya?

Nothing wrong with the m/t drag radials my "street' car has 60' 1.40's..i know guys running in the 9's with them...

First most guys I've talked to say they won't hook on the street. If you want a good hooking tire on the STREET, get Hosiers. That said, I have a buddy that just went 8.60's @ 160 on 275 MT's. It's not a Mopar, but it's goddamn fast. AND that was with Cal Tracs and springs and a 1.29 60' number.

First most guys I've talked to say they won't hook on the street. If you want a good hooking tire on the STREET, get Hosiers. That said, I have a buddy that just went 8.60's @ 160 on 275 MT's. It's not a Mopar, but it's goddamn fast. AND that was with Cal Tracs and springs and a 1.29 60' number.

They're NOT made for the street,their a d.o.t. tire made for the track.no one i know hooks on the street with them either...

Dude, if that thing went that low 11's at that speed and it REALLY was 5000+ ft DA, it's a 10 second player, BELIEVE ME. I wouldn't be changing too much on the rear suspension, until I played with the tire pressure. And here's another traction hint: Next weekend Bako has a divisional race, right? The tracked will be better prepped. Get out the following weekend for test and tune/brackets and the surface should be much better.

Our RHS 416 went 10.33 @ 131 through the muffs at over 2,000 DA...with ONLY 30 degrees of timing. It has Cal-tracs and his mono springs.

Converter "flash" is important to ET's. We only go low 1.40's in 60' as the converter has a conservative stator. If we could go 1.35, I'd see a low .20 on the board. There is alot to be gained or lost with the converter.

Doug do you have the specifics on your converter, Size, Stall, Flash? Do you run a transbrake? What gear tire combo?
These RHS Headed Strokers are moving some pavement & for the price and results they just can not be beat, no way no how! Better et's less $$ and 50lbs heavier than the competition.

I can see from the picture that your rear shocks are most likely topping out on extension right after it launches which yanks the tires off the track and slams the front end down. get some shock extensions and I bet it hooks hard after that! You are almost there.

Ok DusterDoug and MadDart, its all steel but has 2 Jaz front buckets, no rear seat, radio, heater, and wiper motor or front bumper (as of now), mild steel 6 point bar with home made 2" by 2" .120 frame connectors. Id gander to say maybee 3100 lbs with out driver?

8 3/4 with 4.10s and spool, 002 and 003 springs with stock shocks(my down fall?) my pinion angle might be 8* also, i believe the tire dia is 27.75. Has a 8" convertor ,not sure of flash yet. Low gear Pro Trans 904 no trans brake.

.040 '71 360 with a 4340 eagle crank and good rods, The LA RhS heads were were done by Erik Jones in Lancaster, Factory LS1 2.02 and 1.625 valves, bowls blended and guide bosses smooth a bit on the intake side, milled to 58.8 ccs. Not sure of flow data on heads. Hedman 1 /78 headers with 3" flowmaster exh.

Ross forged quench pistons yeiding around 10.7, custom ground Comp Cams hyd roller with .519 in- .549 exh 254-264 at .050 on a 106 installed on 101.3/4 or should i say 102. Hughes 1.5 rockers with factory mopar banana groove shafts, std victor intake with a OTB holley 80496 950 HP. ohh also i have a 1" four hole spacer , maybee a open might be better. heres a few pics.

Mad Dart the converor is a 8" TCI freshley reworked by Turbo Action i bought off Moparts. the pics were while i was still working on it filler neck and other loose ends were finished. heres one of the engine .

Try a stiffer shock. The rear shocks could be extending too fast also. But select them based on their full extension measurement to insure they dont top out. I like Rancho's myself.

Doug do you have the specifics on your converter, Size, Stall, Flash? Do you run a transbrake? What gear tire combo?
These RHS Headed Strokers are moving some pavement & for the price and results they just can not be beat, no way no how! Better et's less $$ and 50lbs heavier than the competition.

MD, don't know exactly about the converter. It is a Continential 8" that was originally behind the 340 in the car. We sent it to Len Schneider who modified it for a 416 motor, aiming for a 5100 stall. The high gear stall test showed "about" 4,800 according to the driver, but can't be 100% relied on as we were in a hurry to get down the track that night. Next time the car goes out it will have a Play Back tach so we can "see" the runs. I did calcualte the slippage and it's 3.7%, which is pretty effeicient. I do know it has a somewhat conservative stator, so it doesn't hit the tires real hard.

2.45 low gear 904, no trans brake.

29.5 tire with a 4.56 gear. (Would like to try 4.30's, too!)

Try a stiffer shock. The rear shocks could be extending too fast also. But select them based on their full extension measurement to insure they dont top out. I like Rancho's myself.

Joe and I spoke about this.

If he makes it to Fontana, I'm going to bring a set of Rancho 9 ways for him to try out.

For a 10.7:1 comp and a small hyd cam motor,I dont think it runs too bad right now!!!! Just curious if your SS springs are moved in any?? 1/4's stretched any and what size rim and back space??
Thanks and nice looking duster!!!

-
Back