Random pictures thread

-
####

FB_IMG_1641687741450.jpg

FB_IMG_1641687750549.jpg

FB_IMG_1641687755495.jpg

Love it!

Thank you!

I love the challenger. I got 70 Challenger on the back burner that could look nice like that.

My real question is about the Super Stock Dart.

I have a 1971 Super Stock Dart clone. Pops wants to weld up all the marker lights. I like them.

I see the Dart has no marker lights. Do you know why that is?

Was it lighter to weld up the holes? I have to think there was a reason for it. Did some cars just not have marker lights or was it just the style back then?

I love to hear the reasoning behind this.

Thank you for the pics and any info you have.

Love it!

Thank you!

I love the challenger. I got 70 Challenger on the back burner that could look nice like that.

My real question is about the Super Stock Dart.

I have a 1971 Super Stock Dart clone. Pops wants to weld up all the marker lights. I like them.

I see the Dart has no marker lights. Do you know why that is?

Was it lighter to weld up the holes? I have to think there was a reason for it. Did some cars just not have marker lights or was it just the style back then?

I love to hear the reasoning behind this.

Thank you for the pics and any info you have.

Not sure why maybe some other members can chime in ?

I'm guessing that the 69 and the 70 are the same car. Often cars were updated to the current model year. Check out the rear wheel opening and Dodge decal. Looks the same to me. Might have even started as a 68 with the small markers filled in. I don't think that the glass front fenders had marker holes.

I'm guessing that the 69 and the 70 are the same car. Often cars were updated to the current model year. Check out the rear wheel opening and Dodge decal. Looks the same to me. Might have even started as a 68 with the small markers filled in. I don't think that the glass front fenders had marker holes.

Hum... That is sound reasoning.

No doubt they changed the tail panels and fenders if the car survived till the new season.

If anyone has more info I'd love to hear it.

Thank you.

A number of years back, Chrysler Power magazine had a project car that was a former factory Hemi Dart that had been "updated" over the years with post-'70 body panels, among other things. It's been a while, so I don't remember all the particulars; but they had a pretty detailed history of the car. Some time spent searching back issues may prove fruitful.

Nothin quite like working on cars while wearing white pants.

-
Back