Random pictures thread

-
BDB4DCC1-2068-4112-8FDB-1D3C53FC3CE2.jpeg

CVN-65.

Never made it on the Enterprise, but I did make it onboard the H.W. Bush for a luncheon.
That would have been cool, my dad was a retired lifer navy man only on PT Boats in ww2 in the Philippines later on the Missouri, then finally at pearl harbor doing maintenance in 1966 when he retired. He said he always wanted to be on a carrier

That would have been cool, my dad was a retired lifer navy man only on PT Boats in ww2 in the Philippines later on the Missouri, then finally at pearl harbor doing maintenance in 1966 when he retired. He said he always wanted to be on a carrier

Those PT boats were badass. I always thought they were like a little sports car. Pearl Harbor is on my bucket list.

I worked right down the street from Naval Station Norfolk for a company that dealt with military members. Since I'm retired Air Force I can go on bases and I would often drive on base to go past all the ships. I never got tired of it. I was invited to a luncheon on the Bush, and my wife and I got to go to the Christening of the Ford (along with about 10,000 others, lol)

That's fantastic you got to do all of that, dad didn't talk about it much but when he was stationed on the Missouri it was during the occupation of Japan tokyo bay doing shore patrol He said he ate some of the best meals he ever ate on that ship

-
Back