Random pictures thread

-
Just reminded me....

I worked for NAPA, on & off, for somewhere around 20 years, and one of my '92 trucks has a "lifetime" starter, water pump, hoses, alternator, power steering pump....get the drift here? It also has a Lifetime Warranty on the muffler, and the last time I took it in, the Manager (who used to be my Assistant Mgr) told me I was killing his margins with all of my lifetime warranties.

"Not my problem!", I jokingly (yet seriously) responded back to him.

Good luck with your battery!
I sure do get your drift!! And I'll likely be dealing with someone who was not yet born when I bought the battery originally!! (Although the battery does have a sticker on it that says it is a Firestone replacement for a JC Penney lifetime battery....)

1712337068170.png

The city busses I took in the 70's had fare boxes from the 1940's that had a glass "one way" double trap door setup where both you and the driver could view the pile of change to verify. You could also put in dollar bills.

It was a big deal when they got counters in the 80's that also took dollar bills.
I drove city busses from 2000 to 2013 that still used those trap door fare boxes. Paper bills and tickets would often jam the things up so I would just let the coins accumulate until the weight of them forced everything down.

I drove city busses from 2000 to 2013 that still used those trap door fare boxes. Paper bills and tickets would often jam the things up so I would just let the coins accumulate until the weight of them forced everything down.

I took buses in the mid 60's, before my first car in '67, and it was twenty five cents, if you transferred to another bus route it was five cents, and a third connection was two cents. Damn the things you remember.

1088da41e5d39206539c2b91bfe362d7.jpg

I sure do get your drift!! And I'll likely be dealing with someone who was not yet born when I bought the battery originally!! (Although the battery does have a sticker on it that says it is a Firestone replacement for a JC Penney lifetime battery....)

That sticker is great "exhibit B" evidence for your claim.

I rode Marmons and Pullmans, GM fishbowls, Flxibles, and RTS II's

1712343520373.png

I went to elementary school 1 block to the right of that 10 story, red building.
White 2 story across the corner was "Flying Pizza".

1712344048488.png

For some reason, I can't find an MVRTA fishbowl, but they had quite a few of them in at least two series.

1712344100526.png

In '76, right before they bough these new trolley's they had an open house at the bus barn.
That was WAY cool for an 8 year old.
They had motor compartments open, and 1/10th scale models of different busses they were considering.

1712344158836.png

RTS II's were the only ones with working AC.

What Dirigible is being built there? You gotta love those ladder manlifts (extension ladders) on wheels. No Thanks
Depending on the source, it's either the USS Akron or the USS Macon of the US Navy. Neither fared well, the Akron was lost off the coast of New Jersey in 1933, and the Macon was lost off the coast of California in 1935.

-
Back