Rani might like this

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
I've been watching a series on PBS called Tiger: Spy in the jungle, filmed using trained elephants and hidden cameras in fake logs, stumps, etc

This was filmed in Pench National Park in India

This is absolutely some of the most beautiful and entertaining stuff I've ever seen

A mother Tiger and 4 cubs

000fb663_medium.jpeg

the crazy thing is that people can walk right by those big cats and the cats are not likely to attack. Once they eat someone then they are put down because once they taste human bacon they will likely want more. But in the rare cases that humans are attacked, the investigations show that it was the human's fault for being stupid.

They have guides who will coach you the correct to be around big cats and they are easier going that most people think.....some will even let you pet them .....in the wild, I am talking no cages or pits.......in the wild. I will dig through my computer and see if I can find more pics from one of my "safaris"

That National park is to the northeast of my hometown but I have been to similar parks like that in the southern regions of India

found one ....I remember that day :)

Attachments

• hyd201.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 279
Indeed. They seem to LOVE water

One was trying to cross a pool, and saw his reflection. He didn't like that at all.

It's amazing how big they get and how long (I think 2 years?) they stay with their Mom.

This is great stuff.

Indeed. They seem to LOVE water

One was trying to cross a pool, and saw his reflection. He didn't like that at all.

It's amazing how big they get and how long (I think 2 years?) they stay with their Mom.

This is great stuff.

There have actually been stories in the newspapers over there where children were playing in the water and big cat- momma cat will actually protect the children from other predator animals like poisonous snakes and other riff raff. This is one of the reason I am so loyal to cats of any size. A lot of people in India believe like me and believe that cats of all sizes serve a mission that God Herself told them to do.

like my own guard cat Mr. Venkateshmangalavaramu

Attachments

• kitty.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 284
Just like domestic cats. When they do something "wrong" it's always the human's fault for whatever reason. It's true too.

Isn't that usually the case?

The Albino Bangled Tigers are absolutely gorgeous! Beautiful cats!!!!! My favorite "wild" animal besides the northern white tail and then that, would be my favorite for eating! LOL The cat, if it were safe be a GREAT pet!

This, to me is unbelievable "Savannah" cat

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuiKbnA3w0Q"]A Beautiful Relationship - Savannah Cat MAGIC and Andreas Stucki. - YouTube[/ame]

The words "Human Bacon" is about 100% dead on. It seems that the reports of tigers eating people are seldom but when they do, it's like they lost there minds and keep hunting humans.

It reminds me of a story that dates back when the people were building a railroad. It turned out to be 2 tigers, brothers in fact, were hunting and eating 2 people a night. The railroad brought in hired guns to kill them. It took them a while to get the tigers.

Love,those big beasties. The varied species of cats have a style & dignity,I appreciate. I prefer cats,over dogs.

I love this one! I'd sure hate to see the size of the mice there, whew!

Attachments

• Tigers.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 144
There have actually been stories in the newspapers over there where children were playing in the water and big cat- momma cat will actually protect the children from other predator animals like poisonous snakes and other riff raff. This is one of the reason I am so loyal to cats of any size. A lot of people in India believe like me and believe that cats of all sizes serve a mission that God Herself told them to do.

like my own guard cat Mr. Venkateshmangalavaramu

I am NOT going to try and pronounce that!!!

Me neither.....so young lady what is her nickname???

Me neither.....so young lady what is her nickname???
any of you ever see a liger in person? not as pretty as the tiger , but way the hell bigger! you won`t believe it til you see it in person! they got one in a broken arrow animal sactuary that is humongous!

I work with a young guy who dropped $6500 for one of those Savannah cats , the thing is huge for a house cat , we made an 7' scratching post / perch for it .

It takes very special people to take care of special cats like those. I ain't one, as I don't have the money. I do worry that "flashy" rich people try 'n get them just to be "cool" and then find out it's a lot of work. Sometimes this does not work well for the animals, either.

I like cats, I've had 4. I won't get another unless I live long enough to get my parent's estate settled, as I can't afford another big vet bill like the last two

Actually, I like dogs, as well. But in my working years, they simply were not possible.

I am NOT going to try and pronounce that!!!

Google brings up the first part as a first name and the last part as a last name.

I'm not getting the connection, though.

God herself??????????????????

100% sure of only one thing regarding "God", or the after death "experience"-

It's NOT what you think.

There are other religions that are just as valid as yours.

Get over it.

...and the world will be a MUCH better place.

...oh, and you might want to steer clear of cat threads.

This is 2 for 2 of foot-mouth for you.

Google brings up the first part as a first name and the last part as a last name.

I'm not getting the connection, though.

together it mean "boy of Wednesday" I got him on a Wednesday.

100% sure of only one thing regarding "God", or the after death "experience"-

It's NOT what you think.

Get over it.

...and the world will be a MUCH better place.

...oh, and you might want to steer clear of cat threads.

This is 2 for 2 of foot-mouth for you

you have no idea what my religion and when you say "There are other religions that are just as valid as yours" I know what you are assuming because you know I am originally from somewhere else.

But I am Christian and when I wrote that in the first place I meant to say "Himself" but I don't know what happened.......error.... people make spelling errors all the time that the spell check wont catch....excuse me

If people didn't run on assumptions the world would be a better place

I wasn't talking about you.

I was talking about the other guy.

Remember his story about his dogs killing lots of cats in a past cat related thread?

...and I stand by my statement.

There are lots of religions and who is to say one is more valid than the other?

If we respect each others beliefs, (even those whos belief is to have no belief).

I don't see how there could be any other outcome than to be more peaceful.

Still friends?

-
Back