Rant about my 65 Barracuda

-

jhdeval

Reaction score
Back in October I had a front end accident in my Barracuda. Took me some time but I finally found a shop who said they could do the work. I got my car back about 3-4 weeks ago. They had it since October. I got ALL the parts. They couldn't find the parts. I go to pick her up the first time and they left the transmission 3 quarts down. No power steering fluid. While the shop comes to rescue me I realize the power steering pulley isn't right. Get it back to the shop they say ill take care of it. Ok. I get them the pulley the screw up my power steering pump so it leaks now. I also notice a significant transmission leak and the tail pipe bracket needs to be fixed. I leave with the car as is at that point. Today I get under there to rebuild the power steering and I start looking around OMG OMG OMG. The fixed several pin hole in the fender with some foam instead of welding them. I only noticed this because the splash shield they did not bolt down had snapped one off the plugs off. I start looking around some more and find numerous places where they did not put bolts in and some places where they did not tighten bolts down. The lower fender mount point has 2 self tapping screws holding it in place.

I called the insurance company to find out what my recourse is but I am p!$$ed as hell right now. Sorry to lay it out there but hey gotta say it somewhere right?

Wow, that's unacceptable for sure. I would definately stay on the insurance company and let them know what they paid for.

How does it look otherwise?

I know where you're coming from......I just do.......it's no fun redoing stuff that should have been done right the first time no matter how much of a PITA it may have been. :banghead:

Glad it's back to you and is at least not in a salvage yard. :supz:

WOW I am with you about being pissed as that is what you pay for insurance! And if it was the others fault even more pissed! Having been through the battle once before when a guy creamed my first love a 66 Barracuda I drag raced coming home from the track on day and a fool crushed it coming out of his driveway going backward when he thought he was going forward! They had to pay me for everything I had in it. Yet they felt It was worth much less! I always save every receipt for every dime I spend on the car in a folder and still do for my current 65 Barracuda Formula S just for the same reason. Insurance companies want to short you always! Hang in there we are with you!

65 Cudalover

Thankfully they never argued with the values. I had about 22K into it and I told the insurance company as much. It was not to far outside the realm of possibility so they never argued it.

I don't blame the insurance company. I blame the shop monkeys. I should have known when they told me they had never seen a trw power steering pump before.

Just want to give an update I spoke with the insurance company today and I was assured they would make it right. I am waiting on a call from an adjuster to come take a look.

Insurance work today doesnt involve lead filling panels and buying replacement quarters from Mopar. Its an old car, take it to a restoration place and have them write you up a quote. That kind of place knows what it costs to repair these cars, and no one else unless they are an old outfit that knows a TRW pump from a Mitsubishi....

Insurance work today doesnt involve lead filling panels and buying replacement quarters from Mopar. Its an old car, take it to a restoration place and have them write you up a quote. That kind of place knows what it costs to repair these cars, and no one else unless they are an old outfit that knows a TRW pump from a Mitsubishi....

This shop billed themselves as a restoration shop. Unfortunately I think they sold me a bill of goods.

-
Back