Rant flakey people.

-

moparisbest

Reaction score
Why are there so many flakes. When trying to buy something from someone. Have a problem with the way people respond and say they have something that you need. Then when you work out a deal they disappear or they flake out on you. Been trying to get a piece of sheet metal for a patch repair 4 over 4 months had one lined out paid for never received ended up getting a refund. Had several other people say I got that part. And then flake out on the delivery or just never show up again. I mean what's wrong with being a man of your word . Are the good old days of being honest and prompt over . If you say you're going to do something are your going to show up just do it show up on time what's so hard about that . Rant over

Maybe they don't really have the part and are speculating on acquiring the part then forwarding it to you for a profit. Pulling from a junk yard for example. Make them produce a photo of the actual item.

Maybe they don't really have the part and are speculating on acquiring the part then forwarding it to you for a profit. Pulling from a junk yard for example. Make them produce a photo of the actual item.
I have requested pictures and prices shipped to my address. I have several pictures of the part I need and have even paid for them . To only get the run around. People are just flakey

I remember when a person's word meant something. I also remember when a handshake was a binding contract.

I remember when a person's word meant something. I also remember when a handshake was a binding contract.
That might still be true in court..........until the lawyers get involved. Lol

LOL, right?
I've got some stuff that I have to Craig'slist to free up some garage space and I am just so not looking forward to it.

If it ain't in writing, it won't hold up in court....

But it's a shame that people don't have integrity any more...

But those personalities make for great actors on reality shows... Drama gets good ratings... The biggest d!ck/*****/back stabber is the one who wins on those shows....

Last edited:
Why are there so many flakes. When trying to buy something from someone. Have a problem with the way people respond and say they have something that you need. Then when you work out a deal they disappear or they flake out on you. Been trying to get a piece of sheet metal for a patch repair 4 over 4 months had one lined out paid for never received ended up getting a refund. Had several other people say I got that part. And then flake out on the delivery or just never show up again. I mean what's wrong with being a man of your word . Are the good old days of being honest and prompt over . If you say you're going to do something are your going to show up just do it show up on time what's so hard about that . Rant over

I was looking for a daily driver on CL over the past few months.... I replied to almost a dozen ads inquiring about a car and none of them responded....

Do you people want to sell your car or not????
huh.gif

I was looking for a daily driver on CL over the past few months.... I replied to almost a dozen ads inquiring about a car and none of them responded....

Do you people want to sell your car or not???? View attachment 1715327343
When I post an ad, I always put a price and mostly with obo. I got so tired of the immediate "What's the lowest you'll take?" that I started replying with "What's the most you'll give?"

When I post an ad, I always put a price and mostly with obo. I got so tired of the immediate "What's the lowest you'll take?" that I started replying with "What's the most you'll give?"

However, will the most they will give be the lowest that you will take????
fence.gif

CL and FB posters, buyers and sellers are both a pain in the ***.
I made a Facebook post a couple weeks ago that said — from now on, whatever i’ve got to get rid of, either goes in my wood chipper or is going to the curb, it isn’t worth the hassle.

Could be other problems in that persons life. I took a guy up, on here about a timing chain cover he posted for sale , haven`t heard from him since, even PM`d him -------

I have parts for sale on CL and have had people call and say they want it and never show.. I'm give as much info as I can in the ads description so I'm not bothered by foolish questions, but they're still calling and not showing up.. clear about price as being firm to avoid the dance ...yet they call and are no shows ....why ??:rolleyes:

Sometimes you cant even give stuff away. I offered some light fixtures for free, one asked if delivery was included. And was pissed off when i gave them to the first person that showed up.

If i respond to an ad, i agree on a price and show up with cash.
I expect the same in return when i sell.

That's why I don't sell parts.

If someone local wont pick them up while I'm at the shop they go to the scrap guy.

I gave away a part a few years ago and the guy hit me up for a year about a peice that was missing... I sent him the part, paied shipping and never asked for a dime.

:realcrazy:

I have parts for sale on CL and have had people call and say they want it and never show.. I'm give as much info as I can in the ads description so I'm not bothered by foolish questions, but they're still calling and not showing up.. clear about price as being firm to avoid the dance ...yet they call and are no shows ....why ??:rolleyes:
I have changed my "business practice" so to speak, in the way that i have been trying to sell parts on the local Craigslist, to weed out all, the shoppers, tire kickers, look-e-loo's, no shows, and the plain bull S*#@^!*S.
When i get a call or message i now tell them that i want a small deposit on the part, thru Pay Pal to ensure that your a serious buyer, then you pay me the balance in cash when you come to get whatever your buying from me.
Then when we both agree on a date and time, i insist that they call, before they leave to let me know that they are on the way.
And i don't tell them where i live, how to get here, until they make that phone call, letting me know they are on the way.
No phone call, i don't stay around.
I figure with a deposit, that way, they are gonna show up.
If they don't like that, too bad, so be it, I'm not gonna loose any sleep over it if they don't like all that.
Well that's my 2 cents on the subject, might work for you, might not, but i had (have) to give it a try.

Had the same issue last week.. talking with a guy all week about buying a used toolbox from him..literally ever single day.

Friday comes, Radio Silent.

Sunday comes, texts me says "he got too busy to return my texts and do I still want the box".

Hell no at this point even if it was 50.00 cheaper.

I just chose not to respond rather than flame him.

:)

decided to rant here instead.

Bruce

A very nice young lady i know found a decent car on kijiji. Went to bank, got the agreed money order and proceeded to go purchase vehicle. All the way across city,and a walk that was a good distance. She was 3 blocks from the guy’s address when he messages her he sold the car.
Three hours to get there and he pulls that sort of crap. After saying he would hold it.she was so disgusted with the whole thing,she still hasnt bought a car. Its been a year.

-
Back