Rant

-

Howard1784

Reaction score
To the producers of the following shows: Fat and Furious, Power Nation, Street Outlaws, Car Chasers, Counts Customs etc. etc..

Please stop using the "pre recorded" "tire squealing" sound effect every time a car does a burn out or is drag racing !!!!!!!!!!

It is stinking aggravating, predictable, stupid and annoying!!!!!! Just play the real effect from the car's tires moronnnnssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On another note, the sound effect is clearly a 1 wheeler peeler!!! Also, when a car is on dirt or sand it is not typical of "burnout squealing."

FIX THIS CRAP IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

as a kid i always laughed as the general lee squealed its tires in the dirt

to the producers of the following shows: Fat and furious, power nation, street outlaws, car chasers, counts customs etc. Etc..

Please stop using the "pre recorded" "tire squealing" sound effect every time a car does a burn out or is drag racing !!!!!!!!!!

It is stinking aggravating, predictable, stupid and annoying!!!!!! Just play the real effect from the car's tires moronnnnssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On another note, the sound effect is clearly a 1 wheeler peeler!!! Also, when a car is on dirt or sand it is not typical of "burnout squealing."

fix this crap immediately!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Lol I was just thinking the same thing.. Speaking of which, gun sound effects are pretty well used now too.

I tend to laugh how every vehicle on "the walking dead" sounds like it has a blown alcohol hemi, with open headers lurking under the hood lol

Attachments

• TWD_Ram_Field.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 159
as a kid i always laughed as the general lee squealed its tires in the dirt

This is true even though you may think not. I live on a dirt road and in mid summer when it is hard packed and dry your tires will squeel and can even leave a black mark.

Maybe their cars are not capable of spinning the tires, so they have to overdub the sound bit....

How come we see alot of rants, but not as many raves????

The Automotive world of Faux reality car shows. Phony sound effects, Phony engine sounds, phony drama, Phony problems, and phony deadlines.

The amount of reality car stuff just can't make up for the amount of BS they put into nearly every "episode" of these BS car shows.

It's no better than the sit-coms using the same laugh track over and over so people know when they are supposed to laugh....

I thought I recognized that squealing sound they're using, it's the old soundtrack from the Dukes of Hazzard!!

yeah, its the same one they used in Starsky and Hutch. I wonder if a 70's 302 really would peel the tires in that Gran Torino

The Automotive world of Faux reality car shows. Phony sound effects, Phony engine sounds, phony drama, Phony problems, and phony deadlines.

The amount of reality car stuff just can't make up for the amount of BS they put into nearly every "episode" of these BS car shows.

Everything is getting to be phony these days. I read an article that car manufacturers are pumping engine sounds through the cars speakers. They are getting ready for the phase out of v-8 engines.

Everything is getting to be phony these days. I read an article that car manufacturers are pumping engine sounds through the cars speakers. They are getting ready for the phase out of v-8 engines.

Pretty sure Ford already do it on the RS focus.

The other one that gets me is in movies where they spend millions of $$$ they cant get it right with cars or bikes T2 kid clearly get on a 4 stroke sound track is a 2 stroke with about 15-20 gears. which is another thing they love to do TV has this amazing source of 10 to 15+ speed gearboxes for all makes of cars.

My brother once counted in the chase scene from Bullitt, the Charger looses 7 hubcaps.... #-o

To the producers of the following shows: Fat and Furious, Power Nation, Street Outlaws, Car Chasers, Counts Customs etc. etc..

FIX THIS CRAP IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i make that squeeling sound about an hour after i eat on chilli night:burnout:

-
Back