rants&venting ! is there rules for selling items here?

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

63VALIANT*KISS

Reaction score
i bought a kickdown linkage from a member and it was not complete missing the peice from the braket to the carb.
i go to the shop they point this out to me, so i msg the user and he first denies it then tells me he probbly wont have the money for awhile if at all,and then tells me well i dont want the item back i have no use for it.

im still sitting here with 1 peice missing.

is there any rules on this site for buyers protection?

i hate to think some ppl on this site actually would do this.

i havnt had to question a seller after i got the item ever on here .

hope i dont have to start.

You mean the plastic piece that slides onto the lower stud on the throttle lever of the carb?

If you can find a picture I might have one for you. I've got a box or two of kickdown parts, but can't remember where most of the parts came from.

As far as you getting screwed, I'd like to know who it was so I can avoid them. In that same light, I always search for that username on the forum and in google before I send anyone cash. It's the best way to find threads like this.

This??

DSC03684.jpg

hay if you got a pic of the part i may have it and if so its your for oh shall we say free........just post a pic or some post which 1 it is ...bad things happen to good peolpe and not all people are bad .....8)

oops my bad, I thought I remember you mentioning a lokar kickdown cable and thought you had it. I may have the rod. I'll look.

just got a post from a member and he has it in hand.

thanks evreyone im like overjoyed right now im glad to be a part of this great site with great people.

the buyer i am now aware of is seventyonedodge i dont wanna say actual name but im sure it can be figured out.

buyer beware

(how much did you pay for the kickdown setup?. just curious)

35 bucks

well not that it would run best but u can run and drive but very mest up i love how one voice brgs more i know im not the only one i feel ur pain waggin.

where can i get one of those tailgate panels the chrom trim peice for the out side?

this 71dodge?

and yes its that person not going to say it

Dude, personally, I'd let this one go. I understand you're frustrated, especially being told it was complete, but with this kid he probably thought it was complete and didn't realize there was a part missing until you pointed it out to him.

Somehow I doubt he was being very observant as he was taking the car apart. Chalk it up to youthful exurberance.

Dude, personally, I'd let this one go. I understand you're frustrated, especially being told it was complete, but with this kid he probably thought it was complete and didn't realize there was a part missing until you pointed it out to him.

Somehow I doubt he was being very observant as he was taking the car apart. Chalk it up to youthful exurberance.

Hey, he might not have known it wasn't complete and therefore it wasn't malicious in nature, but he could have handled the situation a lot better.

It's an honest mistake, especially since 63Valiant*Kiss didn't know it was missing until a shop pointed it out to him.

for those trying to stick up for him. the only reason i was ticked is this u would be too .

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63VALIANT*KISS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 71dodge
yea there is one small problem i dont have the money right now and i really dont want it back i dont have any 318's for it to go on

well i have no use for a 35dollar linkage of nothing.when would u be able to get the money?
as for the having no 318's im srry im doing this its just im spending to much on the lokar for this to slide .

well i have no use for it either! lol and im not sure when id be able to get the money if at all i really dont want it back

If it's for a one barrel I might have one laying around the garage looks like the slide linkage part of the kick down that hooks to the carb.

Jeff

No they aren't interchangable. Did you ask if it was complete and what it was for before buying ? Chances are it was for a 2 barrel anyway.

and this is the same 71dodge that was torturing us with his sell/nose/rust bucket car/rustbucket truck antics that several members felt was getting treated unfairly by a few of us......interesting....

i told him what i needed he said it would work even if u didnt know why would u just tell some one that it did just for s**ts and giggles to rip that person off. and yes i asked if it was complete then took a pic of what i got to make sure nothing was lost but oh yea a peice was missing the whole time.2bbl would work was thinking of going stocker with a intake and a 2bbl.

and as far as people on here go hes just a kid! yea a kid that needs to learn how to do bussiness correct . not ripping people off he hasnt even msged me back he nvr said srry my bad he said no i dont have ur money thats it and i wont have it.

yes its 71dodge grey dart in pic says addicted

... I wont stick up for either side. However, sounds to me like you bought something sight unseen perhaps. That would be your bad. You should always know EXACTLY what you are getting before purchasing. I dont know if you saw pics or not. If he just said "complete" linkage... then maybe thats what he felt is a complete linkage. Now... to get to the situation at hand. I dont see how this is that big of deal to fix. you can use that peice from just about any mid 70's v8 dodge truck with minor modifications. That or any good shop can make something that will work just fine. Its not really rocket science. So there are options avail if you cant get your hands on the real peice you need. Just letting ya know. Hope you get it all figured.

-RPM

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back