Rare 1971 Demons.

-

Mr Gorsky

I know words, I have the best words...
Reaction score
Dodge made 70,000 1971 Demons. There are only seventeen left.........that have flat hoods.

Here is one of them. What a treasure :)

4022768413_1528d66a5f_b.jpg

The only remaining white W11 wheel cover equipped Demon that still has it's original V5X vinyl side moldings!

2755868944_4097f9cb45_o.jpg

Last edited:
18, mine don't have bumps. And it may end up with steelies and dog dishes.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Did 340 cars 71 or 72 come with flat hoods, or did they get a scoop with the 340? My 72 340 clone project still has the flat hood with no holes and I may leave it be. I do have a very nice twin snorkel that's ready to go on, but I just cant decide.

There is one car that dad sold and I wish he never had. He bought the car out of Seattle, WA back in 1991? 71 Demon 340. Column Auto. White exterior, no vinyl top, with orange bucket seat interior with cassette player/mic on the floor. Stripe delete, with the vinyl side moldings. Had to be a one of none. Car was in excellent original condition. He sold the car when we still lived in Denver, back in 93 or 94. Oh, and it had no hood scoops.

only X number left? you are joking or I say no way and where you getting this info.

He's trying to be funny. There are plenty of flat hood Demons out there. Ugly, ugly flat hoods. :D

Did 340 cars 71 or 72 come with flat hoods, or did they get a scoop with the 340? My 72 340 clone project still has the flat hood with no holes and I may leave it be. I do have a very nice twin snorkel that's ready to go on, but I just cant decide.

The hood scoops were options for both years. In '71 you could only get scoops on a 340 Demon, but they were an option so you could absolutely get a flat hood 340 demon.

In '72 you could get scoops on any demon, 340 or otherwise, but they were an option.

only X number left? you are joking or I say no way and where you getting this info.

I'm not so much joking...I'm kinda highlighting the fact that we should also treasure the few plain jane Mopars that are left. I picked 1971 Demons in this instance, but I could have just as easily picked something else.

So many Mopars (mine included) have been upgraded with bigger engines, added scoops, added Rallye dashes, Rallye wheels, Tuff wheels, etc.

Gents, lets raise our glasses to the five guys out there who have (so far!) resisted the urge to throw that vinyl side molding into the trash :)

1971dodgedemon031407.jpg

well I guess I cant join the club, I just peeled the side molding off my 72! I do like the 71 hub caps, but ill probably go with dog dish caps. The hood scoop is still on the yes or no list.

047.JPG

IMG_1020.JPG

Yeah, scoops weren't standard on any model Demon. Do an image search now though....you'd be forgiven for thinking that every Demon had them factory fitted!!

You have my vote either way.....but if you decide to go with the flat hood, you'll save the life of an endangered Asian Black Polymer :wink:.

Last edited:
well I guess I cant join the club, I just peeled the side molding off my 72! I do like the 71 hub caps, but ill probably go with dog dish caps. The hood scoop is still on the yes or no list.

And to think, you could have been one of six guys still with it...ah well :)

Please tell me you're going to keep it Petty Blue. It's an awesome color.

God i'm probably going to get kicked off this forum for this, but no, i'm not keeping the petty blue. I have been a die hard original color car guy up until this Demon project. The petty blue without any metal flake just doesn't do it for me. Originally this car was petty blue, white top, and blue interior. With the 72 colors just not that exciting, I have decided ''Now wait for it" to go with black. The unknowns at this point are stripe, top, and interior color, either being white or black. more than likely the car will be black with a black top and white stripes, black interior. I'm pondering a white top and white interior. Being a slant 6 auto on the column car I have eased up on the rules a bit. So far I have found original 340 bucket seats, original and in perfect shape twin snorkel hood scoop, 340 K-member, 8 3/4, and a non A/C dash frame.

Yes, mine for example, but a later owner installed scoops; originally it has a flat hood.

But the original vinyl side moldings are still on the car...:thumbsup:

hood scoop ?
YES

Exactly!!! I like the '71 dual scoops myself though. Beautiful '72 Demon! :thumbsup:

God i'm probably going to get kicked off this forum for this, but no, i'm not keeping the petty blue. I have been a die hard original color car guy up until this Demon project. The petty blue without any metal flake just doesn't do it for me. Originally this car was petty blue, white top, and blue interior. With the 72 colors just not that exciting, I have decided ''Now wait for it" to go with black. The unknowns at this point are stripe, top, and interior color, either being white or black. more than likely the car will be black with a black top and white stripes, black interior. I'm pondering a white top and white interior. Being a slant 6 auto on the column car I have eased up on the rules a bit. So far I have found original 340 bucket seats, original and in perfect shape twin snorkel hood scoop, 340 K-member, 8 3/4, and a non A/C dash frame.

all black with flat black stripes would ROCK !

Mmmm TX9. Exactly what I'm doing on my "demon". Black with flat black stripes. I may even do my Challenger opposite, satin black paint with gloss T/A stripes. And its an original Petty Blue car too. Currently B5 from a previous owner, but most of that has peeled off anyway.

This is NOT my car. Was for sale on the 'bay awhile back. Black, white side and tail stripes, flat black pinstripes on the hood (?). White interior. One of ten million with a hood scoop.

But it DOES have the pretty darn rare upper door and quarter window trim as well as the drip rail trim. Works very well on a black car. Which is why I bought some for mine. :D

72demon340-3 copy.JPG

72demon340-1 copy.JPG

-
Back