-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dartman440

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Offering this one for $5,500. This engine was dyno'd @ Koffel's Place. On the dyno it pulled 657 H.P. @8,000 RPM/ w/481 lbs.tq. on pump gas.This is one of a handful built for Chrysler then the program was terminated back in early 70'. Casting number is #3614530 with a round circle with a K and a B in it. It is a 4 bolt main. 3.55 stroker crank with lightweight rods. 377 cu. in. Comp cam 570 Solid with early prototype W-5 Heads and RPM air gap for W-5 ported. Custom Pro carb. Crane ductile iorn rockers. Banana groove shafts. Valve lash is 26-26 w/ 37 degrees timing. This was a Trans Am block which looks like the predecessor to the Early R race blocks. it is complete intake, carb. No Oil Pan or pickup. This is a serious piece. It ran 8.60 in a steel Willy's drag car. @ 2800 lbs. and 7.60 in one of the old Darrel Alderman Wayne County Avengers. Engine is in Livonia, Mich.

Attachments

• IMG_4375.JPG
    112.7 KB · Views: 1,633
  • IMG_4370.JPG
    123.8 KB · Views: 1,443
  • IMG_4373.JPG
    118 KB · Views: 1,481
  • IMG_4372.JPG
    116.6 KB · Views: 1,375
I think this is a Nascar motor , the T/A race motors were destroked to 304 to meet Trans am requiresments

When was the last time it ran? It might be more beneficial since the buyer will likely tear it down to disassemble it so you can show off all of the parts. That's pretty cool.

Yeah, trans am motors built by KB were based on a T/A block, but they sure didn't have alum w5 heads.... looks nothing like a actuall trans am race 305..... It also is broken on the lower corner and needs welded up. Not a major issue. Still a nice piece!

It cannot be a NASCAR piece either, since 358 is the limit there and had been for quite some time. Whatever it is, it reeks coolness.

ok rusty , so if the nascar limit is 358 and this is a 355 , what limit is it exceeding ?

I was at the the auction for the Iroc racing shop, there was alot Mopar engins and parts being auctioned there . The blocks were actually 318 blocks that had a really odd looking crank with a small flywheel flange . I talked with one of the Iroc race techs there and he said it was for the type of clutch they used , they had some clutch assemblys at that auction also and the flywheel looked about 8 inches in dia. the blocks were brand new blocks marked race block from chrysler , I never knew there was a 318 race block till i saw them .

Back in the day when the X blocks came out, they were stamped 318 on the side also.

Yeah, trans am motors built by KB were based on a T/A block, but they sure didn't have alum w5 heads.... looks nothing like a actuall trans am race 305..... It also is broken on the lower corner and needs welded up. Not a major issue. Still a nice piece!

Does the casting number #3614530 ring a bell with you? Seems like a mid 70's casting number. Is it just a stock 340 or 360 block?

Are those just Batten W2 heads?

Mopar Nascar engines originally used 3.454" stroke cranks for 355 cu.in. and the Trans Am engines used 2.96" stroke cranks for just under 305 cu.in.

Information on the net does seem to verify the casting number as a KB block.

Id like to see the bottom end and behind the front cover to see if it still has all the safety wiring on everything.and It should have had a mushroom cam in it.I know the top has all been changed.....Artie :coffee2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back