Rare MoPar Nuggets!! Ever see these before?

-

66340SEDAN

FABO Member #3649
Reaction score
Thought I would post these items I own, I think they are cool and thought you may enjoy seeing them!

The first is a factory Mopar item, it is a temperature gauge that would mount on the exterior of your vehicle. It has a bracket that mounts to the body, then the chrome housing mounts to that. The clear lens is made of glass with a Mopar decal on the inside of the glass. I have only seen one other like this and it was not nearly as nice as mine, very cool item!! 8)

The second is a thremostat control made by Honeywell in Minneapolis MN, it as an Chrysler Airtemp unit, it also has a pentastar on it, very neat and the only one I have ever seen. It is complete and brand new in the original box!! I want to someday use this in my garage. 8)

BTW, my garage is not really that warm, just held them up to my heater to see if they still work!

Picture 1681.jpg

Picture 1678.jpg

Picture 1682.jpg

Picture 1683.jpg

Picture 1684.jpg

Ive seen lots of the thermostats, tossed lots (HVAC Tech) along with old outdoor Airtemp units and my parents old house had a old Airtemp window unit when they bought the house.

Thought I would post these items I own, I think they are cool and thought you may enjoy seeing them!

The first is a factory Mopar item, it is a temperature gauge that would mount on the exterior of your vehicle. It has a bracket that mounts to the body, then the chrome housing mounts to that. The clear lens is made of glass with a Mopar decal on the inside of the glass. I have only seen one other like this and it was not nearly as nice as mine, very cool item!! 8)

I will not rest till I find one!!!
Where would the mount & do you know background on years offered.
I'll start combing the printed pubs from the day!
Way Way COOL! How Cool? Ice Cold, check the temp! LOL!!:cheers:
Thanks for showing!

I will not rest till I find one!!!
Where would the mount & do you know background on years offered.
I'll start combing the printed pubs from the day!
Way Way COOL! How Cool? Ice Cold, check the temp! LOL!!:cheers:
Thanks for showing!

I think it is from 1972-1976, I have only seen 1 other one and it was on ebay, I forgot to bid on it but it sold for around $50 and it was not nearly as nice as mine but I still wanted it, it also didn't have any brackets to mount it like mine.

That outside car one is very cool, the lowrider boys go gaga over that kind of stuff. Very cool, I like all that historical stuff.

I think it is from 1972-1976, I have only seen 1 other one and it was on ebay, I forgot to bid on it but it sold for around $50 and it was not nearly as nice as mine but I still wanted it, it also didn't have any brackets to mount it like mine.

I shouldn't have the responsibility of owning something like that anyway. I just do something stupid like mount it on Baby! Do they go in front of or beside the side mirror?

That is a really nice piece!8)

I would think it would go by the mirror, I was going to stick it on my station wagon but decided to keep it on the shelf for now.

The Mopar car thermometer is really nice. It looks like something that may have come on a high end "C" body Chrysler?

There is a townhouse complex in Ann Arbor that was built in the late 60's/early 70's that I worked at for about 10 years. Many of the units still had their original furnaces in them and yep, you guessed it... they were all Chrysler Airtemp units. I used to get a lot of questions about that, being the only Mopar guy on site. I wish I would have taken some pictures of a couple of them, but I though nothing of it back then. Probably all had those thermostats too at one time!!! Now the external mounted temp guages you have there Keith are the coolest items I've seen in some time. Don't mount them unless they are going on your 66, then it would be worth it just for the conversation aspect of them. They're too cool for the general public!!! Geof

How about a Scat Pack paper plate?? This is a 1970 item, probably used at dealership open houses or sales, most probably got smeared with food then trown away, how many do you think are left? Well, I have one! 8)

Picture 1700.jpg

-
Back