Rarest A-body on Fabo?

-
is that the 6-pac version?
Yessir.

20190602_192105.jpg

i think there's a few classifications of rare. there's the hard numbers type such as: they only made x amount of 67 formula s 383 cars. but from there you get the break outs of color and options, which is interesting.

then there's the weirdos: some one off 4dr 4spd with at romper stomper motor and suspension package. which i dig.

what bores me to death is the incessant breakdown of granular detail options to make some plain jane bread and butter car into a "1 of 6 ever made!!". i mean, it's interesting that somebody rolled into a dealer and ordered a 6/ 3 on the floor car with every goo-gah option box ticked. but that just doesn't get me going.

I think a four-door with a factory four-speed would be one of the rarest. I installed a four-speed from a '64 Barracuda in my '65 Valiant 100. But since not being original, we will have to keep looking.

View attachment 1716103048
There’s a guy who shows up to our car show with a 68 Valiant 4 door with a 273 and a 4-speed factory. Stuff like that turns my head quicker than a Hemi E-body.

not to cause trouble but I think the rarest car (or owner) would be one who has purchased a car, likes it as is and changes nothing about it (besides maintanence items). JMO
I know I'm not one of them!

I would have to consider the 1966 D-Dart Super Stock one of the most rare. 275 HP-273. Reportedly there were 50 build for homologation, but I have been doing Mopar stuff for over 60 some years and have never seen a real one. The LO23 is a very interesting vehicle if you like early A's. One was sold at auction a few year back and did have the correct VIN. This is a quote from another article. "These cars have a VIN that begins LO23. The order includes the following sales codes: 699 – Special Order (Super Stock Dart); 409 – Special Order Axle; 364 – Super Stock; 624 – heavy-duty suspension; 32 – engine code; 554 – delete rear seat belts; 393 – four speed transmission; 21 – 6.95 X 14 BSW rayon 2-ply tires; 408 -Sure Grip; P4H – trim code (red); WW1 – paint" code (white)." Note gigantic tire selection.

I'll also have to say the 1966 D/Darts. This is the first of the 50 D/Darts produced. It was picked up at the assembly plant by Ted Spehar. I know of 11 survivors.

20150910_160441-1.jpg

Reading this has been great. My Swinger had a "floral top" when new, and I thought THAT was rare. Some of these other rides are really low production here.

I've seen some real oddity. Maybe a 71 0r 72 Full convertible moon roof duster or demon? Or a notch 440 69 cuda
I Love those VX3 code "Convertriple" Dusters and Demons. I have a 2010 Mopar Collector's Guide where the centerfold is a B5 Blue 72 Demon with that roof , really straight in a junkyard, but the front spindles and rear axle were gone.

Not rare rare, but quite rare
1 of 1300 Valiant charger R/Ts
1 of 5 with H51 Aircon
1 of 1 with a mistake in the option codes chalked/rusted into the underside of the dash frame. Tag /body number/engine number match but the Aussie equivelent of build sheet, the chalk markings, does not in one important area
it says E37 but it aint E37 can't be E37 with H51 No space.

dave nats 18.jpg

I’ll throw another one into the ring. 69 Dart Swinger 318 4-speed, one of 229 with that combo, but in R4 red factory. Lots of 340 Swingers in R4 but I haven’t seen another 318 with R4, never mind a factory 4-speed.

1CA7DBCF-4AB1-4174-8F84-93175B2868A7.jpeg

I believe there is a 65 Dodge Dart Charger GT Go Go on the site . That would be the rarest that I have seen. Because its the only one I have seen.

Agree! As far as production numbers go. I think there's a HP 273 4 speed car or two around that are single digits as far as numbers go. There's quite a few 50 and less production number cars here.

Last edited:
-
Back