Rat Rod Al and Hurricane Ian

-
I’m not worried about Al and Theresa but unless their house is some sort of engineering marvel it’s probably fubar. Just being real. I know first hand what a tidal surge and 150mph winds can do to structures right on the water. Rip foundations out of the ground.
Absolutely. As for living in a hurricane haven..In the end it's the choice we make and chance we take. Good luck to their home pulling through. Castles made of sand or homes built on a floodplain, it's a shame none the less.

Glad they got out.

We got lucky.
Was supposed to go right over us, but 2 last minute jogs took it 50 miles East.
Still got some big branches.

Vids and pics from SW area are nuts.
Water up to 2nd story.
Wind was borderline cat 5.

i've tried calling and texting, but no response as yet. news report said cell service is down. my brother lives in Naples, but more inland He did get a call to go through to me but said cell service was sketchy as could be. Brother's house survived and he is well.
I just wish Al had told me where he was evacuating to. He just said he was going to friends on the mainland.

I agree the house is probably gone. The shop is few feet higher in elevation and hurricane rated to 130mph. That may not have been enough but at least it has some possibility to survive. the house and shop are little bit of a way from the water so hopefully storm surge slowed some before it got to the house. Al said they put everything in the shop as high as possible. just hope they put the Harley and tools and important stuff from the house in the trailer and got safely out. He said the boat was kind of on its own but he had prepared it as best he could.

I'll keep trying to contact them.

I just wish Al had told me where he was evacuating to. He just said he was going to friends on the mainland.

Al mentioned to me that they were going to higher ground in Cape Coral. I hope is was inland because there was a lot of flooding there as well as Ft. Meyers. Fingers crossed.

I think the bridge going to Pine Island that he lives on was destroyed so it may be a while before he will be able to drive there, Joe

Did he own an orange Superbird? Asking for a friend.

I think the bridge going to Pine Island that he lives on was destroyed so it may be a while before he will be able to drive there, Joe

Al just told me the draw bridge and road is washed out. He has no idea when or if her can return to the island. He has no idea if his house nd shop survived and won't until he can find a way to get to the island. e asked if had a helicopter.

This is a text I just received from Al, Good to hear they are ok.

Can't get on line , but Theresa and I are safe. Left the Island and now can't get back on due to the bridge and roads are out.

Yeah you can find pictures of the Pine Island Road. It's completely washed out. That's the main line to get on Saint James City, which is where they live. I think the only way they're gonna be able to access the island now is by boat. At least for a while.

Great to hear they are ok but it is a shame they can't get back home to start trying to pick up the pieces. I took a direct hit from an F-5 tornado in 1998 so I am aware of what devastation can come different forms of weather, Joe

Thanks for posting that Al & Theresa are ok. I've been worried to death about them. I feel very fortunate to have become friends with them, and I have no doubt that together, they can overcome any loss they may have suffered as long as they have each other.

Anyone willing to do a go fund me page for Al and his wife or take a collection? Id love to help out.

Yall don't forget we have other friends in the area too. SGBARRACUDA'S (RIP) wife Paula is in the Tampa area. Kitty's going to give her a call in the mornin. She's posted on FB so I know she's ok at least. I'm sure there are others. My prayers go out to all of yall in that area.

Yall don't forget we have other friends in the area too. SGBARRACUDA'S (RIP) wife Paula is in the Tampa area. Kitty's going to give her a call in the mornin. She's posted on FB so I know she's ok at least. I'm sure there are others. My prayers go out to all of yall in that area.
I have been told Tampa area faired pretty good, my sister and brother-in-law live in Ruskin on the inland side of Tampa Bay.

I think my sister came out well in Sarasota, should be back home tomorrow

Great to hear they are ok but it is a shame they can't get back home to start trying to pick up the pieces. I took a direct hit from an F-5 tornado in 1998 so I am aware of what devastation can come different forms of weather, Joe
I remember the pictures of your red GTS! Good to hear Al and Teresa are safe, hopefully the house and garage made it...

I heard Al bought a good size yacht to get from his island home to the mainland. Hemi powered !!
Mom said, if ya can't take some wind and water, Fl. just ain't where ya want to be!!
But seriously, the devistation and loss of life is catastrophic from this terrible storm as those there know.

Anyone willing to do a go fund me page for Al and his wife or take a collection? Id love to help out.
Thanks for the thought ! We appreciate it very much. But please , that isn't necessary. Theresa and I have met and become friends with many people on this forum, and has the greatest bunch of guys and ladies we've ever met. Again thanks for the thought , a contribution to The Shiners or St. Judy's is more deserving ! Thank you all for your concern and we'll wishes. But we think we'll be fine and get through this with the help of the islanders ! Great bunch of people also. Love this Island and want to make better The support and comrades of the people here is really quite amazing. Theresa and I Started the day with a boat ride back to the main land to retrieve out truck.. But ended up bringing back some donated supplies by boat.. we'll just make another trip when ever the offer pops up !

-
Back