rat rods?

-
Here is mine. (now sold) It was a 1922 Dodge Brothers Business Coupe.

The wagon is a 1950 Crosley, I am not sure what drivetrain I am going to put into it. Maybe I will turn it into a teardrop travel trailer.

DSCN0485.jpg

DSCN1339.jpg

I completed the bike rack last night.....some fine tuning and a few details and it will look old and like part of the truck.
momparman

Heres ya a bike..
My daughter wanted me to take this because it's purple.....

bike.jpg

The wagon is a 1950 Crosley, I am not sure what drivetrain I am going to put into it. Maybe I will turn it into a teardrop travel trailer.[/QUOTE]

Crosley " A fine car" (a factory plaque on the dash if I remember correctly)

toolman

Crosley " A fine car" (a factory plaque on the dash if I remember correctly)

toolman[/QUOTE]

Its just a shell at this point, No dash parts. I have seen one of these on the net with a vette drivetrain.

Personally, the rust finish makes no sense to me- I've always thought of it as something to be removed(come to think of it, I'd like my Scamp more if I was a rust fan:D).
However, there's an old truck in town (I want to say mid-50s Chevy) that's done in the 'whole body surface rust' look -well, it's actually original I think lol- and across the tailgate it has ALL THAT'S LEFT AFTER TAXES.
I thought that was funny the first time I saw it.

My Mopar club thinks I'm crazy, the local low riders have made me very welcome.

However, I need to convince my wife to go with me, since I don't "habla..."

Flamed Fugly.jpg

In my opinion, ratrod is a term that's thrown around too loosely. I've actually talked to people that have been insulted by the term because it was used just because their car was painted flat black. Even in this thread, I see a lot of cars that don't say ratrod at all.

Wish I could say this was my "rat-rod" but it goes to show that in Texas, the rat-rods are truely "bad-azz"! This was at a local car show last month. The guy owns a scrap metal / recycle yard in nearby Temple and this was one of his 6 cars he brought to the show, but his onlt rat-rod of the bunch. Boy you should have heard this beast fire up!

100_9382.jpg

100_9383.jpg

100_9384.jpg

100_9385.jpg

100_9386.jpg

I only caught the backend of this Merc at the show,it has a Caddy Eldorado engine in the back of the box.The guy threw dirt in the paint to give it that..Just pulled from a field look!It actually looked really good.
Waterdown 2010 001.jpg

Waterdown 2010 001.jpg

so, someof you may know. I'm looking into getting a 27 willlys 4 door sedan

here is what i was thinking, take out my 460, auto from my 76 ford. get a pickup box. take a chevy s10 or ranger frame, and plop the body and drivetrain into that, and drive it like i stole it. or, buy a chevy s10, scrap the body, keep the 2.8L 5 speed, and put the sedan on the frame, and use the 2.8L drivetrain. what do you guy thik i should do?

I'm of the opinion that as long as you build it yourself, anybody who doesn't like it can get in his Prius and leave. Having said that, you will get a lot of flack from "rat-rodders" for using an S-10 fromt suspinsion unless you leave the fenders on. But like I said, if none of those guys turned a wrench on your ride, they don't get a vote.

Bayyum, if you are serious about the S-10 drivetrain, look for one with a 4.3. they're not too bad. I had one with the 2.8 4-speed, it was a DOG!

-
Back