Ray Barton

-
Called once about a possible engine build.
very polite over the phone and answered all my questions, and even sent me brochures, but the prices were a little out of my league, but I guess you get what you pay for right.

Not personally. Hemi builds I know about go to For Hemis Only now. Tim Banning. Rays got good stuff. But wants way too much for it.

Ray Barton is an excellent shop. I am lucky to have them within 30 min from here. Dont expect to have your machine work done too quick though...I've heard stories of 6mos. +, very$$$$ but if you want a Ray Barton Hemi you'll just have to suck it up. Although he does offer "bag" engines already built again for some$$$$$$$$$.
If your not close wouldn't the shipping kill you though?

Not too worried about the shipping. Craig quoted me $21000.00 for a 528 pump gas Hemi. Just making sure they don't have the same attitude Indy does. I have received great parts from Indy, however some of them are pure bred @$$holes to deal with.

Not too worried about the shipping. Craig quoted me $21000.00 for a 528 pump gas Hemi. Just making sure they don't have the same attitude Indy does. I have received great parts from Indy, however some of them are pure bred @$$holes to deal with.

Amen, brother. Indy has great stuff but they think they are the only game in town.

Not personally. Hemi builds I know about go to For Hemis Only now. Tim Banning. Rays got good stuff. But wants way too much for it.

Could you tell me about your experience with Tim? He was great over the phone, I'm becoming very convinced. Looking at a 528 pump gas Hemi for my '69 Charger. Got any suggestions regarding the build and or package?

I personaly havent had any. I havent ever built a Hemi before. But the few people I know that have either bought a crate deal or looked for an engine straight up was Tim Banning. His is one place that I have yet to hear anything bad from. He helped others set up rockers, offered advice n/c on engines he never built, and delivered product when he said he would. There have bene no disappointments. Still not cheap, but no swelled head to work around. I think for the most part he uses Stage V heads. I woudl suggest calling him and talking to him. If you get a good feel, go with it. I have heard of much longer waits than 6 months at Barton. I would not reccomend Indy for anything other than parts soucing, and then you need to do your homework before hand and ask for part numbers directly to avoid the swelled heads.

I bought a 528 Hemi From Ray's a couple of years ago. I have nothing but good things to say about them! Ray even treated me real well on dyno'ing the engine which I hadn't planned on. While "For Hemis Only" is closer I'll gladly go back to RBRE simply due to their honesty, accuracy & tech help when I needed it.

I had a 340 small block that was redone by ray barton in 2002, that best running small block i ever had.The motor sounded like the meanest big block sound you ever heard, the guys are right about the price a little steep but when it comes down to it well worth every penny.The best, also on the dyno 587 horsepower

Ray`s good people . Originally from where I live .
Chryco 557

IMG_2188.jpg

Guy i know had a Barton hemi short block built,it did;nt last long!!and if you have his shop build your engine don;t expect him to be doing the work on it,he's busy building engines for the pros...

Maybe you should have your freind post what happened,and the reasons why,and what he did.This way we can get the full story from the horses mouth.It might be the costumers fault,it might be the builder fault,but the true story should be told and we see who(COULD) be at fault,mrmopartech

I put 2,000 miles street and track time on my small block with no issues, again well worth the money..

-
Back