rb dart 440 need imput

-

rbdart

Reaction score
Hey moparites, new here have been ckg out site really cool 2c so many a-body dudes and dudettes. kicks a$$ in sw mo. am building 71 dart 440 060 trw 11.7 ed head portmatched int-ex comp 928 springs resized ly rods arp bolts steel crank comp 555 lift 306 solid [email protected] team g ported intake 930 stigmeyer carb flows980+ alum water pump and housing hooker super comps 2'' fenderwells 1.6 comp stainless steel rockers crane p-tubes rebuilt 727 shift kit carbon trans cover lupo dynamic 9.5 converter 4:10 detroit locker 8 3/4 narrowed r-end ss springs comp adj shocks pinion snubber motor is balanced b.p holley blue pump-reg fuel cell 10 gal alum 1/2'' line fram tied springs moved in 4'' will run 29.5-11'' slicks at trac but 11''x27'' street tire on street. Car is minus underdash crap x-cept wipers-lites horn-signals to pass inspection 4 tags on street[ no heater box-core] have full int shortback buckets,carpet b-seat no roll bar yet. Disc brakes new f-end , convo-pros all around, twin hood scoop hood, rear spoiler. Dont know what it weighs guessing3200 with me[180] not sure yet, wanting some input on guesstimation hp and et with this combo on street , on strip with slicks? anyone knowledgable about this combo or similar? car is canadian 6cly auto conversion, schumacher mounts- 8 3/4 added etc.:read2:

Hopin 4 high tens at trac and 11.0s 11.30 on street but regardless want 2 drive the crap out of it. Will be 71 tor red black scoops-r-spoiler non vinyl top. M AY CHANGE GEARS TO 3.73 OR 3.91 4 DRIVABILITY ON STREET . has alum rad and trans cooler and twin electric fans, also has billet dist with hei style cap and all ignition electronics in dist just plug an play no msd no electronic box and is a whole lot cleaner lookin under hood and cheaper and good 4 10,000rpm from whites perf in tennesee these bad boys work good, 2 wire hookup, my buddy hooked me up on this and i waited til he got one and it was kick-*** fired 1st time in 440 69 rr 4spd car ran better than before with red box so i ordered one 70 bucs 2 my door ready 2 go, highly recommend. thanks 2 all who reply.

sounds like a good combo to me--im gonna say 11.10-10.99 on the slicks .

weight--about 3200 without driver , any fiberglass? My car is similar , but with glass bumpers and hood. It weighs 3100 .

hp-- Id guess in the 560-575 range

No fiberglass just weight reduction from removal of ps gear box to manual ,removal of heater box crap, alum motor acc. such as water pump and housing, intake, headers etc. if you take weight of stock stuff vs. alum. you would be suprised at difference not to mention alum heads, believe it or not i took off 200lbs + from car overall. The convo-pro wheels weigh almost nothing compared to ralley wheels and caps. Of course I added some extra weight with frame connectors which i fabricated myself not liking the flimsey aftermarket one's I saw that were bolt in mine are welded 11 gauge mild steel custom bent 2 1/2 x3 1/2 with plates maybe overkill but car should hook and run straight and not tweak car where you have to adjust doors just to get in or out, for the plan is to have a car that can live on the street as well as trac. I have worked on this project for 3yrs. and did all work myself with the exception of balancing-assembly of shortblk. I took this car down to a shell and started back up which I probably will never do again, massive amount of time and effort not to mention MONEY which I lost count after 15,000 plus but when its done and all bugs worked out Im sure this dissese and sickness will cause me to do someother MOPAR project of somesort but for now am gettin anxious to complete this bad boy and drive rip n roar and show those frauds n chebbies the wrath of the MOPAR KINGS [AND QUEENS]

Nice job. The onnly change I might suggest would be the Edelbrock Victor intake or an M1 open with a 2" spacer.

Otherwise, hang on, it's gonna go well.

Nice job. The onnly change I might suggest would be the Edelbrock Victor intake or an M1 open with a 2" spacer.

Otherwise, hang on, it's gonna go well.

I agree with Moper, the Weiand Team G's a boat anchor compared to the M1 or Victor (ask me how I know) and I'd go with a 4 hole to help the bottom end with either of those big assed single planes.
You may allready know this but if you're using a mopar BB oil pan make sure it's got acceleration and deceleration baffles in it, alot of them came without, and IMHO Milodon's windage tray is a better piece than the MP unit.

Terry

just wanted to say welcome to FABO. What part of missouri are you from? Got any picks of the car? I am also in the process of putting a 440 into my 73 dart . i had this 440 in my 65 plymouth that at the time weighed 3600 pounds with me in it run 11.70 in the 1/4. So i hope my car will run 11.40-11.50 and it will run on 93 gas and be street worthy.Thanks Mopar658)

Pan is 7qt milidon team g has been modified but got m1 already am changing it , has 2'' spacer intake has been hogged out to match head. Strange that info on intake came up I had already decided to change to m1, theMOPAR GOD told me to lol.

Thanks you sgt 4 ur service some of us really appreciate the sacrifice and the protection of freedom we all enjoy and good luck on bb a-body , give me a hollar if u need anything, and no pics yet but soon

Team g 4 sale hogged out with nitrous or fuel inj bosses in each port ,real pretty, professionally built take 150, less than half of costs, lol. Also have 2'' bb headers 4 63-65 b body[fury-polara] dougs headers 2 pc race liteweight in good shape believe they might work in a -body not sure, take 75 used cost 600 new[i got them used] Thanks all

Thanks for the kind words and i am glad i could do my duty. I live about 2 hours from you. I live by Fortwood MO. So wear are you going to race the car at Mokan or ozark? what kind of big block parts do you have?? Mopar65

Mokan maybe tulsa, good trac there, mainly up and down main street kikin some x-brand *** 4 sure!!!! I buy sell trade lots of diff stuff heads intakes carbs motors trannys just sold 340 with lot of goodies and 4 spd complete 4 a body, 440 727 complete 72 steel crank motor strong runner still in old chrysler, 69 gts dart roller[green-dodges fav color] no motor/trans but 8 3/4 ,disc brake,gts hood, int console auto sht bk buckets all there no title but vin is clear can get title, just whatever MOPAR ,have guys [ and gals] call me with what they want or are lookin 4 and i usually find or have it ,within reason, u never know what u may run across or find, found some max wedge stuff while back that i got cheap and sold cheap within an hour, so what ru lookin 4? And the gts is factory 383 car. Congrats on day with son left u a response on 318 dart, nice car, bet he thinks he's king MOPAR huh? very cool, have a little buddy coming up thats gonna be a gearhead, feel free to call me at 4174375352 Ken, later

69GTS 383 dart is gooonnnne---72 440chrsler is gooonnne.... thanks to all who responded, greeaat site.

-
Back