[SOLD] Re-starting Dash making.....

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark here....

I'll head back to the machinist on Friday morning to check on the progress of the tubes I ordered. We're still at least 2 weeks out from completed dash clusters. The process will move faster once the pieces are all made.

I also had a couple of 4'X10' sheets of aluminum cut for full and 2/3 dash blanks. The response has been good enough that I decided to be ready for the complete dashes as soon as the clusters are being completed.

The longer ones will be gauge holes only on the full width panel, a glove-box delete option, and I'll get a website up to post pics. Some will have heater boxes and others won't.

There will again be a glove-box option, with a bezel or a single hole depending on the year.

Prices are still being worked out. No deposits are required. I'll try to post an update every couple of weeks, unless there's a change.

Mark
:D

I would love to see a full one.....

All sounds and looks good. Would love to get one for my 74 valiant. Depending on price, I might like a full dash.

My 68 came with the cluster in a box, some assembly required. This is the style of dash I've been trying to plan out. This stuff's nicer then what I'd have hacked together. Please mark me as interested in either a full dash or a cluster for a 68. I'd prefer the full dash but might cave if a cluster-only becomes available first.

Visited with my machinists last week and will order tubes
for the "cluster only" pieces I have. Will have some done by the
end of the month.

Mark
Price will be $275

All aluminum
Will house (2) 3 3/8 and (4) 2 1/16 gauges
Positions for headlight and wiper switch
Will this fit my 74 swinger? From your web site it sure looks the same. How do we order? Can you tell me - can I install this without removing the dash? Do i need to remove the windshield to remove the dash?

I'll take a complete dash with glove box for a 67 Dart.

since it looks like there's a high demand for these awesome pieces. how do we go about gettin in line for these? in the order we have posted...?? in order of PM...? or do we enter in a triathlon top 10 win? or we can do a two men enter one man leave type of cage match!

since it looks like there's a high demand for these awesome pieces. how do we go about gettin in line for these? in the order we have posted...?? in order of PM...? or do we enter in a triathlon top 10 win? or we can do a two men enter one man leave type of cage match!

lol. ya know i was thinkin that...just how in the heck do we get in line, huh? lol, ill be polite, yall can go ahead of me...just save me a full length dash for my 68 cuda. :)

btw, mean stance on ur dart! got a build thread?

I'll back out of line, just finished a custom cluster and happy with the way it came out, so no rush for me!!! Real carbon fiber insert into an original housing.

Butch

Attachments

• DSC03639 (Medium).jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 1,166
I have been watching this thread for a while. Can't stand it any longer. I want one too! 69 dart GT

I'm driving mine right now, and things work, so if there's someone in need of one like-right meow-I can wait :)

Mark, when you said the full length dashes would have gage holes only, do you mean the a/c control holes won't be there, or did I misunderstand? I still want one :D

I'll back out of line, just finished a custom cluster and happy with the way it came out, so no rush for me!!! Real carbon fiber insert into an original housing.

Butch

That's pretty sweet-where did you pirate the lights and wiper knobs from?

Mark.
My name is Ken from Australia.
When you and Mike were RMD I believe 2 of your dashes made their way downunder.
One of them was mine and went into my 69 notch Barracuda.
At some stage Mike saw a picture of it somewhere and requested permission to use it on your RMD website.
I said fine and I think this was the pic he used

35i9amq.jpg

The dash just blows everyone away wherever the car goes.
Many are a little disappointed after I tell them RMD are no more.
I just hope everyone this time round realises the work in producing a product of this quality and are willing to pay the price thus keeping your new venture afloat.

I am currently doing a 72 Dart Swinger and have been putting off tending to the dash since I haven't been overly enthused by what is currently available.
Maybe I've been spoilt already having a RMD? LOL
Anyway,if you'll ship overseas I'd like one of your new products(preferably full width)
You can pm me or email to [email protected]

Mark,

Glad to see you are getting back into this. I have been playing with doing them and the entrest is great. Good luck, Oh and I still l,ove mine.

Butch

That's really nice and pretty much what I was considering doing to my 72 Dart Swinger right down to the carbon fibre:cheers:
Was just trying to figure out the best way to carbon fibre the rest of the dash including glove box.
Does carbon fibre fold?

That's really nice and pretty much what I was considering doing to my 72 Dart Swinger right down to the carbon fibre:cheers:
Was just trying to figure out the best way to carbon fibre the rest of the dash including glove box.
Does carbon fibre fold?

Hmmm, that would look great having the whole dash done. Carbon fiber is some strong stuff, like fiberglass but stronger. But I dont think you could bend a flat sheet. Might be able to score the back side and get a little bend in it, dont know. If you figure out how to lay down carbon fiber you could make any custom shape you want. I think its alot harder than laying fiberglass though.

Butch

so its 275 for the full dash? what size gauges will this accommodate? Im confused lol sorry :/

p.s I deleted the heat out of my car so will it be possible to order these with a heater delete option?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back