[SOLD] Re-starting Dash making.....

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a shift light added to mine. Took a while but I know that as it was custom there was some rework due to his contractors not getting it right. I am sure that Mark lost money on my custom work. But he didn't send it until it was right.

I have it and it was worth the wait! It is bad ***!!

My tach is back at Autometer getting the needle fixed to match the rest of the gauges. It was used when I bought it.

Thanks Mark!!
Mike

Attachments

• tn2.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 1,020
  • tn1.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 983
I had a shift light added to mine. Took a while but I know that as it was custom there was some rework due to his contractors not getting it right. I am sure that Mark lost money on my custom work. But he didn't send it until it was right.

I have it and it was worth the wait! It is bad ***!!

My tach is back at Autometer getting the needle fixed to match the rest of the gauges. It was used when I bought it.

Thanks Mark!!
Mike

How do you like the 5" gauges?

How do you like the 5" gauges?

When I started thinking of getting the dash made I looked around at some of the newer cars and noticed that there were quite a few that had the larger tach and speedo. I thought that it looked pretty good.

I picked the Phantom tach up on Craigslist for a song. The tach was a pedestal mount with the shift light. That is what gave me the ideal for the shift light in the dash. The problem with the pedestal tach is that there is no bolt in way of securing the gauge in the dash. I am mulling over a couple of ideas.

When I spoke to Mark about adding the shift light he said that he would look into the feasibility of doing it using the small 3/4" shift light. He came up with a number and we agreed on the deal.

It took a while because of contractor issues causing rework. I know that the problems were amplified because Mark's real job caused him to work away from home. I new going into this that this was a side business for Mark and not his main job. I am sure that Mark lost money on the modifications.

Well when it arrived I was stoked. It took me about a year before I collected all of the gauges. I haven't had the dash installed with all of the gauges yet but I am sure that it is going to look awesome, IMO. Certainly easy to read the gauges.

It is a fair amount of work to install and wire everything up but after all this is a "custom" dash and not a one size fits all. So I am good with the extra effort that is required.

I am painting the tubes satin black. I am waiting for the paint to dry now. The upper flat is going to have a brushed finish. Hopefully I get that finished Saturday. The lower flat is going to be carbon fiber. I am planning to finish that up on Sunday.

The Tach is at Autometer getting the needle replaced and basically given a tune up. It is supposed to ship next week. I hope that it is here by the weekend. I should have everything ready to install after it arrives.

I will post my updates for your entertainment value. That way you can make your own decision if you want this look or not.

Thanks Mark!!

Mike

Mine was kinda custom made so I figured it would take some time. I think it was worth the wait. Not like I needed in a hurry cause its a project in waiting. If there is any negative the glove box door is a shade off.

Attachments

• photo 3.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 1,019
Here is the final mockup of the dash in the car. I still haven't really started on the glove box.

More to come.

Mike

Attachments

• SAM_0362.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 838
Mark, can you do, or have you done panels with the 5 1/2" quad gauges looking similar to the original Ralley dash? Two 5 1/2" for speedometer, four or quad gauge with a 3 3/4" tach in the middle. Then the holes for the rest if the stock type lights. Really, a stock looking Ralley dash?

Sorry, I'm pretty limited to the Autometer / Speed Hut gauge sizes right now.

Shutting down for the summer. Too many issues with production. Hope to be back in the fall.

Mark

Sorry, I'm pretty limited to the Autometer / Speed Hut gauge sizes right now.

Shutting down for the summer. Too many issues with production. Hope to be back in the fall.

Mark

About time you admitted to it....

When would I expect to have one in my hands? Full length

Thanks

I wouldn't expect it. I just wanted a left over piece for just the gauge section a few months ago. I could barely get an email back from his daughter with if they even had any. Then when I pestered enough, I finally got told they have some, $475 plus shipping. They really hold their value high on their product. For tack welded aluminum, I did not find the value of$475.

There's never been a pretense that there weren't production issues.
Between the costs I've had to eat, and the random bashing from guys
On this forum, it's not worth it to continue.

I have Inkjunkies dash here, still in the garage, I'm debating on taking
A YouTube video of melting it into a pile of melted aluminum, or sellng to
Someone else on EBay...

I've never tried to sell the product was something it's not. There have been
Some that have been great to serve, and that's why I went through the ***-pain
to start back up.

You guys don't know me or my life.

Good luck to all ya'll. I wish I knew how to delete this thread. I'll be selling what remains on EBay. I have 6 A-11s being cut with 3 other blanks, then that's it.

Mark

Damn this sucks, a dash bezel was on my list to buy soon too! I guess Im gonna have to experiment and make my own

Sorry it hasnt worked out for you here Cash, you do/did some very fine work

I agree that sucks and a shame some members here bashing you Mark. I myself love my gauge bezel and can't wait to get it installed someday. I painted mine to match the interior of the car but for now it is just a display on the shelf with gauges installed with illumination.

Attachments

• i24740.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 466
  • i24743.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 475
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back