[SOLD] Re-starting Dash making.....

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got mine back from being powder coated along with my dash. Will try and post some picts later once I start installing the gauges.

Mark, I still had to do some modifications to the glove box. The pannel wouldn't fit flat on the original glove box. Had to grind off some of the edges so that the hole for the turn knob would fit flush. Don't know if anyone else has had this problem just letting you know.

Thanks again Mark for your product.
Tazz

how much for that exact dash on the first page....it would go right in my demon and its exactly what ive been looking for

Mark. The dashes you are doing are turning out sweet. I am definitely going to get the A-body A-11 with option to add DIN radio and with heater delete and also the glove box door cover for my 68 Dart. What is the current turn around time for this. Thanks. Eddie

Hey Mark, have you done any with the 5 1/2" gauges, in the A-1 design, or similar? I know you'd cut out the bomber of small gauges. Just speedometer, tach and combo oil, temp, gas and volt meter in the second 5 1/2" unit. Any ideas or pictures? For me I'd like the full unit, with DIN radio best a/c buttons. Depends on what Vintage air or Classic air has.

Subscribed....would love to see a 67 dash cluster only installed...def likey

what's the secret on getting a response back on the dash? I've called - emailed both emails - sent PM ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

For anyone interested......if you want a dash from Mark be prepared for a long wait. I ordered mine back in November, if I remember right. Apparently Mark does not work in the state where he resides so he is a bit slow to communicate with you. Anyhow, I was told on 12/24/13 that it was going to be 01/15/14 due to me requesting 4.5" Speedo/Tach mounts...Here it is a month later and still no word...Glad I am not waiting on him to finish my car....

Right......

Well I'll refund your money.

I don't do the machine work, I contract it out. And I think I mentioned I wasn't set up for the 4 1/2" tubes you've asked for. I have $2500 into aluminum and machining as of now, just for your 2 tubes, but I don't need the business.

Mark

Right......

Well I'll refund your money.

I don't do the machine work, I contract it out. And I think I mentioned I wasn't set up for the 4 1/2" tubes you've asked for. I have $2500 into aluminum and machining as of now, just for your 2 tubes, but I don't need the business.

Mark

No reason to blow a gasket.....just relaying my story. I have not even heard form you since the last email exchange around Christmas. Would have been nice if you would have contacted me on the 15th of January if there was going to be another delay. Don't want my money back, would like what I ordered from you. Can't tell me if the roles were reversed you would be ok with the situation. If you feel you must refund my money go ahead....but it will speak volumes for what kind of a business man you are...

You did indeed mention it, but you said it was not going to be a problem...if it was indeed a problem why did you not just tell me about it? Would have gladly went with another size....

Matter of fact here is your email to me....

Doug,
Sorry not to update without you asking.
Looks like 15 Jan because of the 4.5" tubes. The machinist I use
got behind on the lathe, and just got the basic dimension cut on Friday.
They still need to go through the EDM machine, and that needs repair.

The faceplate is cut/ready. I'll send a picture tomorrow.

The holidays tend to delay my processes with the machinists and welder's.

Mark

I do not see where it says it can not be done...matter of fact my our first exchange was me asking if it could be done and you responding it could be...

Doug,
Thanks for asking. Everything you want will fit, however, I haven't started producing tubes for the 4.5" gauges. Those have become increasingly popular, and my manufacturing processes haven't kept up.

I can work up a drawing for your approval and will see about ginning up tubes for those gauges..... I'm guessing they're Speed Hut type?

The price is $520 for the larger tubes and for FABO members I offer $25 off.

The process will take about 4 weeks and I ask for 1/2 up front.

Let me know.

Mark

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 8, 2013, at 10:44 AM, Doug Crann wrote:
Hi Mark
Getting ready to order the dash insert for my 69 Dart. Want it to be full width, no heater/radio. Wondering if I can get away with 4.5" holes for the speedo & tach along with 4 2 5/8" holes, 2 to the left of one of the 4.5" holes and 2 to the right of the other 4.5" hole. Would like the smaller holes to be in the upper area, above where the angle changes. If you need a drawing before answering just let me know….
And how much will it run??? Do you still offer a FABO discount???
Thanks
Doug

If I am reading it right you stated on October 8th that it would be about 4 weeks...which is the beginning-middle of November....and here it is February and still waiting with absolutely no update...

If you feel you must refund my money please do so....but I would much rather wait until my part is finished...send you the balance and have what I want...

This is kind of comical....last I heard from Mark was on the 24th of December if I remember correct...I try to inform folks of my dealing with him....and not even an hour later here he is chest thumping like I am in the wrong....Really? Perhaps you should never have started making dashes again.....if this is the way you are going to conduct yourself....

Mark, if I had not contacted you back in December would you have ever even contacted me about the fact that the 4.5" tubes were what was causing the delay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back