[SOLD] Re-starting Dash making.....

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to try and get to that install today, showing the removal of the heater and the installation of the glove-box cover. Hopefully I'll get to the A-11 install. I'll try and drink less coffee so the video shakes less!

On the A-1 cluster, the lowest gauge requires trimming off the mounting tab for the original cluster, so I've semetrically placed new mounting locations / screw holes around the faceplate. You'd have to drill new holes and I include stainless screws to mount the dash with.

There's no need to touch the bracing under the dash. It's easiest to think of it as a trim piece that fastens to the front. Pretty simple really.

Mark

I like the video of you replacing and installing your dash. Is it possible to show a video on how you are hooking up the stock wires to aftermarket gauges?

Mark - I hope you don't mind but I'm posting pics of my install in your thread.Thought it might be a good idea to show other potential customers.Let me know if you object and I'll delete them.

Cutouts done in the dash frame to accept the Peak dash with all it's components

34oucs1.jpg

Glovebox lid section cut off.
Stereo hole cut out.
AC/heater control recess made up and welded in.

34qlkko.jpg

Components assembled into the PeakDash plate and dummy fitted to give an idea of what it will look like.

dcahrl.jpg

You're hired!

Outstanding work!

Well about the wiring harness, the best I can do is point you to this link:

http://70duster440.com/dashmods.html. He's the one that used the factory wiring spliced into an aftermarket wiring harness. Additionally, R. Ehrenberg did a write-up when he put one of our dashes in his "Green Brick".

Mark

You're hired!

Outstanding work!

Well about the wiring harness, the best I can do is point you to this link:

http://70duster440.com/dashmods.html. He's the one that used the factory wiring spliced into an aftermarket wiring harness. Additionally, R. Ehrenberg did a write-up when he put one of our dashes in his "Green Brick".

Mark

Mark I received mine this wk.. gorgeous!

Very nice-mine ought to be getting close to done...Mark said he had to wait on more of the heater cut outs.

hey im interested in a long, glovebox and all, for a 73 duster, just let me know the price brother and also do you sell any with all the gauges installed already?

Here it is, the American story! If you build it... and folks WANT it...
WOW. I don't think I've ever seen a storm like this in the FABO page before. I recall when Rocky Mountain went down... the out-cry was huge. BRAVO for seeing a need in the market place, and growing a set of steel balls to take a chance at it once again! OBVIOUSLY many of us need & want what YOU'VE got and greatly look forwadr to what Peak Dashes grows into! And yes of course I want one too ha, ha...:cheers:...

Saddly I must dip into my honey hole (gun safe) and convert one of my safe queens into one of your dashes. I'll be grabbing one of your A-11s, but will call to confirm when the time draws near. I have your info and will contact you as soon as I'm ready to move on this.

You've got to get a web-site up & running... get your name out there NOW... FABO isn't the only mopar A-body world out there. :yawinkle:

Again, congratulations! So THRILLED you're back in action!!! Now STAY THAT WAY, ha... no going out of business again. Hang in there, No-Bama won't be President forever, and American business will once again be the engine that drives the world! Amen ~

Just received my A1 style with a/c and radio cutouts! Very nice, I like it-just gotta fill the tubes up and make time for installation. I probably won't have time to mess with it for a couple weeks, but I'll take before/after pix and any in progress ones will probably make it into my "not really a restoration" thread.

Thanks Mark!

Im working on a 1967 Barracuda fastback & I'm interested in a full dash. I will be able to purchase one this June.

Well the dashes are going out like an iceberg dripping..... I need to thank the members of FABO for their support and encouragement, Thank You!

But, I wanted to pass along the status of things so that there are reasonable expectations and opinions about the product.

There have been delays because of my process.. I e-mailed this to one of my customers so I thought it worth letting everyone know the low-down:

I work out of town and work with a couple of machine shops to make these happen. So as I run between aspects of my life I tend to take a quick look at the steps along the way, and I tend to believe that things are done like I'd asked, like there are never any communication errors.

But as the business has begun again, some of the dis-array of the past has come back to haunt me. To be honest, we'd never installed these in any form other than the complete dash panel, no glove boxes and no heater panels; we copied the factory face-plates and expected customers to "make-it-work". I've decided to change that, and so the process is dragging out
way beyond what I'd hoped for turn-around time, in part because of re-engineering.

So I'm not going anywhere, or closing, or going to take your money. But I'm not willing to ship a bad product either. Right now there are 13 dashes in various stages at the machine shop. Yours is one of them, and I have 4 days at home this week and with all my might, I hope to ship your product this week.

I'm happy to re-negotiate a timeline or refund.

I have no in-stock items and 33 blank face-plates arriving this week, so there's only a way ahead that continues the business.

So there it is; if a customer is willing to wait I will deliver, or refund.

Mark
Peak Dashes

Mark
Thanks for your honesty and hard work. I am in NO hurry for mine. My car won't be ready for a dash til about Christmas, I hope to have it on the road next summer. Feel free to push mine into a corner and take care of some of the other guys that actually have a chance to run them this year.

Jason

That goes the same for me, I have no problem waiting. Like I said before waiting time is not a problem, just let me know. Thanks John

I'm installing the dash panel in conjuction with fixing my a/c box. The only thing I can think of that I'll really need to modify will be the wires from my wiper switch. I could probably drag it over far enough to make it work fine, but I don't like to pull on wire harnesses, so I'm going to extend them about 8" or so to allow the harness to have a "natural lay" and use the factory harness guides.

I ordered a gage harness kit and their version of Painless' wiper and headlight switch from Jeg's yesterday-it should arrive sometime this week; but, because of my shift hours and being scheduled for weekend duty this coming weekend, I probably won't be able to get to it much. In any case, here's a couple pictures.

This is only the initial mock up. Like I said, I still have to wire it up, I have to cut out the tabs for mounting the a/c controls, and I'll need to put the glove box all together and get it in too. Of course, that'll wait until I get the HVAC all back together.

Attachments

• new dash.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 1,093
  • dash 3.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 1,087
OK for those who bought these dashes.... I'm having a hard time getting my glovebox cover and dash insert to line. If I get them close, the glove box doesn't work.

Does anyone have pictures of how they did this? The acorn nuts seem to through everything off. Did you drill holes for these?

Thanks,

Riddler

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back