[SOLD] Re-starting Dash making.....

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark--Take your time man Family is everything--Hope baby and mom are doing fine!!!!1st time Grampa??? Hope all is well-I would think everyone here understands and has patience--Steve

Mark--I'm interested in one like I stated earlier,But I would like someone to have installed one for feed back first,I'm worried about the gauge depth and the lack of clearance behind the gauges.

Can't speak to this, but for those concerned with gauge clearance issues might want to look at Speedhut gauges. They have a shallow mounting depth:

http://www.speedhut.com

In all the dashes sold, we've not had a report of any depth issues, all standard Autometer gauges including their 5" combination gauges.

I've ordered these from Mancini's to go into my cluster.

chucker54_2203_1959253

Now that I have got my new dash ordered, what have you people been doing to finish them off? I am going to fill it with AutoMeter C2 Gauges, but not sure what to do with the surface itself. Any thoughts? John

...have been debating that one myself. The only reason I contemplated covering the aluminum would be due to glare off it. But, I'll probably leave it as finished.

I ordered my A-11 on thurs and it was sent on Fri.. talk about service. Auto meter gauges are on order.. wont be long now. Thinking about finishing it in sliver.

Post pictures of your A-11 in the car when you get a chance. I've got one on order with the radio and glove box.

It's not in the car but here's my A1 mounted to a 67 Dart dash frame. Had to do a lot of cutting to clear the gauge pods but I think it looks great.

2012-03-25_19-26-30_363.jpg

Agreed it does! That's the version I bought-only, I got the cutouts for radio and heater plus glove box.

Can't wait!

I do have a question: I've never pulled my dash out before-how much of a pain is it, and what all fasteners do you remove?

I do have a question: I've never pulled my dash out before-how much of a pain is it, and what all fasteners do you remove?

One each side underneath and a row of small bolts under the windscreen rubber which means screen out.

Other than that,it's just disconnect everything that hangs off the dash frame.
Unfortuneately not a small job.

Hmmm...well, the glass is gonna get replaced anyway. Unfortunately, I can't store it inside anywhere...and we have too much wind and unpredictable weather in west central Texas.

Thanks for the reply though!

I can't keep up! You all are amazing! For the 67-71 version of the cluster only, see post #30 in this thread. My daughter just got wheeled in to have a C-section to have my first grand baby, that wasn't planned but looks like everyone's going to be O.K.

It's craziness......

One thing that does concern me about this is that I'm still rolling out other new designs and I don't want someone caught buying something they're just "satisfied" with.

Those designs might have larger gauges, A/C vents, or other cluster configs. I'm going to extend the discount 'til 1 June to try and roll out more possibilities. Those designs will cost more, and customs will too, and the ones pictured have always been the most popular.

Mark

Hey Mark,

I am curious about what you have in mind for A/C vents?

Also will you have any radio or heater delete plates available?

I want to get all of the features now even though the A/C and stereo are down the road.
At the moment I am interested in the A11 with all options.

I sent you a PM.

Thanks,
Mike

Many thanks to CashA10 for taking the trouble to ship one of his products around the other side of the world at this early stage in his venture.:hello1:=D>

Here's a pic of it half a world away:thumbup::D

9uqbyv.jpg

Very Nice! I can't wait to see it in!
I saw the Hunger Games with my kids last week-end and while I came away with a headache (we were in the 3rd row!) I was inspired.

Here's mu shaky video of the cluster install.

[ame="http://youtu.be/1b9e6oQlP7U"]302 Found[/ame]

Mark

Very Nice! I can't wait to see it in!
I saw the Hunger Games with my kids last week-end and while I came away with a headache (we were in the 3rd row!) I was inspired.

Here's mu shaky video of the cluster install.

302 Found

Mark

Thanks for the video. I am saving up for one. So to install the new bezel you has to drill new holes? Is that correct?

With the A11 version, what all has to be trimmed? Will the steering column brace under the dash need to be clearanced for gauges?

Your A10 version looks sweet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back