Read My Plug

-

JimmyV

MOPAR!!
Reaction score
Hey guys made a bunch of timing adjustments and getting ready to do some carb work. been running my car around town today running great slight hesitation off throttle but she is pulling hard and running smooth. pulled all my plugs today and they all look about the same. reading plugs is not my fortee i have encluded a pic so please take a look sorry its not the best of quality but hopefuly some one can tell me what adjustments i need to make thanks!!!:burnout:

Attachments

• rsz_dscf1132.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 217
thanks, after all my timing adjustments i am realy parinoid about detenation.... but i dont see any black specs or anyhting not with my naked eye any way

I see nothing wrong at this point also. Get the hesitation taken care of and continue to keep an eye on them. These days, the more miles you get with pump gas can give some oddball looks to them, but I think your good at this point.....definitely not too lean from what I see. :thumleft:

Nope. Agreed. Just a bit of soot at the base, which is a good thing for higher advance.

Put it back in and have fun.

Jimmy, since you asked about future adjustments? If you would like more input, give us a description of your combo......cubes, compression, carb, intake, stall speed, rear gear, cam, idle vacuum, timing your using now, etc. Not sure if you need our input, looks like you have a good handle on it. But any info will help with questions in the future if need be.

Jimmy, since you asked about future adjustments? If you would like more input, give us a description of your combo......cubes, compression, carb, intake, stall speed, rear gear, cam, idle vacuum, timing your using now, etc. Not sure if you need our input, looks like you have a good handle on it. But any info will help with questions in the future if need be.

360 bored 60 over eddy rpm heads kb 10.5 pistons accordign to kbs website that puts my compression with these heads at about 11:1 comp 294s cam 525 lift 294 duration edlebrock victor intake holley 650 double pumper. one jet size up from stock on primary and secondary. as far as timing goes i just did some research on the site i was running 15 initial but i put lighter springs in and a different bushing bumped my initial up to 19 total about 35 at 2500 2800 stall auto trans....right now i just want to get rid of that damn hesitation. it has always been there but got way better we the timing adjustments that i made. 2.5 madrel exhaust to jegs mufflers...might be foregeting something...oh msd pro billte dizzy 6al......

Holley double pump, automatic, and 3:23 gears = hesitation.. imho..

Make sure your accelerator pump is giving a strong, continuous jet of gas, on 2 or more pumps, any delay, or pause in that squirter is your hesitation.

Personally I'd go to a vacuum secondary carb..

its more like a stumble i guess on hard accell if i pust it nice and slow and smoth its fine...

Holley double pump, automatic, and 3:23 gears = hesitation.. imho..

Make sure your accelerator pump is giving a strong, continuous jet of gas, on 2 or more pumps..

Personally I'd go to a vacuum secondary carb..

Timing looks good. The majority of 650 DP's come with 67 pri. jets and either 73 or 76 secondary jets and also a 6.5" power valve and .028" squirters. I know you jetted up and I think your close looking at the plug pic. Not sure how much vacuum your producing with that cam, so i'll guess the PV is close enough to work well. My only thought at this point is you may be helped by a .031" squirter since it's a small carb on a fairly big plenum manifold?

Timing looks good. The majority of 650 DP's come with 67 pri. jets and either 73 or 76 secondary jets and also a 6.5" power valve and .028" squirters. I know you jetted up and I think your close looking at the plug pic. Not sure how much vacuum your producing with that cam, so i'll guess the PV is close enough to work well. My only thought at this point is you may be helped by a .031" squirter since it's a small carb on a fairly big plenum manifold?

i think it was 67 73 now its 70 76 and pretty sure i put 31 squirters on primary and secondary i think it might have somethign to do with a pump cams i have not touched those and probably adjutment issues

also i did change the power valve out....im thinking i just need to re dile my car start over idle adjusments and everything since i have it timed correctly now so maybe i will start there this weekend and go from there

Cool! Like a said earlier, I think your close. Congrats on being willing to play with it and get it right. Also, that car is gonna love the 4.10's when you get around to it. :thumleft:

Cam,sitting the toolbox(used). Nice grind.Stable,and consistent. Good questions,Rick ,drilled it.

If it was me I'd pull the rear power valve and go up to 82s to start on the rear and go back to the .028 squirtors. When you use a larger shooter, the duration of the pump shot is reduced. You might want to make sure it's got 50cc accelerator pumps in both spots too. A 650 may have 30 on the primary and 50 on the secondaries.

Looks like your pretty close by the plug. I had a 9.5-1 360 j headed with a torker II intake. The 650 was jetted @ 72 and 76. 28 in the front and a 31 in the back for squirters. Both accelerator pumps were 30cc. Stock pump cams with a 4.5 power valve. I ran the 305H .525 comp cam. The victor has huge runners and a large plenium makes the torker II look like a 273 intake.

-
Back