Really like my D-Max....most of the time.

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
Trans temp was high...like 60-70* over normal. Used an infrared thermometer, it read 150 or so....which is where it normally stays unless I am towing at low speed. Pressure switch on top of the valve body has a sensor in it. Drop the pan, put the new sensor in it. Take it out for a ride...goes into limp mode. Hmmmm....Came home, shut the truck off and tried to start it in neutral, no start. Over to NAPA again....$160 for a NSBU switch. Back out of the property, drop it in drive...limp mode again. Back into the garage. The internal harness on Allisons are known to eventually start absorbing fluid..and leaking thru the connector where it plugs into the external harness, sure enough the external harness is wet. Figured I would put the truck in the yard so I can see what is going on with the Exploder. Yeah...no...that did not happen. Truck cranks, no start. Probe this and that. Start studying schematics. Think GM just adapted the harness from a gas truck to work..there is all sorts of weird stuff going on. Traced it to what appears to be a broken ground wire. Needless to say it is tucked up under all kinds of crap. Might have some serious unbolting to do.
PS box is leaking...a lot. So is the water pump that I just put in last year. Water pump is not that bad to do. Just glad I went and got a new Ugga Ugga gun when I did it last year. Not real pleased with the radiator I ended up with. Truck used to never get over 185*, even in AZ unless I was pulling something. Now, 75 on the freeway in 80* temps will have it just under 200*.

-
Back