really stupid question

-

Martini

Reaction score
ok, since i'm new to the game, forgive my noob ignorance and i'm trying to get into the mopar powah! I just want to make sure i'm looking for the right car when i'm gonna buy. i found this picture that i fell in love with and i want that car (in black, all my cars have been in black).

dart.jpg

I know its a dart swinger, i just want to make sure the year. is that a 69-71 dart swinger 340?

1973 model

Big bumpers
2 piece belts-- you can see the shoulder belt tang hanging down at the rear of the door. 74s had new style 1 piece belts.

75 and 76 had inset parking lights

Hope that helps.

And no question is stupid unless it is not asked.

you can also see the rear bumper is the '71-'73 style

it also has no wing windows on the doors

I've seen that Swinger all over the web. If I ever get a Swinger Dart I want it to look like that one as well.

thanks for the help!

does the '74 also have the same body line and only change is the 1 piece seat belt?

There all the same body from 67-76 just small changes along with different front and rear ends.

thanks for the help!

does the '74 also have the same body line and only change is the 1 piece seat belt?

From the profile, pretty much the same body line. The 74 had slightly front bumper that did not have the big rubber blocks on it. The rear bumper on the 74 is completely different. The tail lights wrap around to the side.

There was no Swinger 340 in 73. It's the last year of the motor and was available only on the Dart Sport. Largest engine in Swinger from the factory was the 318 V-8. Don't worry, the 340 or 360 fit just fine.

Hummm, I must be having problems. I can't find the stupid question in this thread.

LOL

-
Back