Rear Brake Hose?

-

stop the beast

Reaction score
I need a part number for the rear axle brake hose for a 1966 Dart with an 8 ¾ housing. This is the hose that runs from the hardline on the body to the T-splitter on the axle housing. Does anyone have one or know where I can order one online? Ideally, I want this part in braided stainless but I haven’t yet found one.

Thank you.

Any auto parts store should have them. Check with your local NAPA store 1st. I don't think they have changed thru the years.

Any auto parts store should have them. Check with your local NAPA store 1st. I don't think they have changed thru the years.

NAPA is a good idea, I'm going to NAPA tonight. I've been to Checker (O'Reilly) and they think I'm talking brain surgey when I ask for this hose. They've ordered the wrong part twice and I have a third coming today - thank goodness I'm not paying for these things.

I find this sort of comical because I assumed what you said, it's probably been the same hose for many many years and should be very common.

That aside, anyone know of this hose being made in braided stainless? I'm sure the system would be more repsonsive if this were steel in lieu of rubber. I want to get a hold of a stock one to see if any of the local hydrolic shops can reproduce it in braided stainless. Otherwise I may look into some adapters and run a custom hand made line.

The T fitting and the line from the body are one piece (I think). I had no trouble replacing mine (readily available) This is the old one

Attachments

• ABodies 002.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 191
Check with a few of the places like Fine Lines. I remember reading that one of those companies have front and rear in braided S/S.

Check with a few of the places like Fine Lines. I remember reading that one of those companies have front and rear in braided S/S.

Thanks Darter6! Fine Lines did offer the rear brake hose in braided stainless. I also ordered up a set of wheel cylinder hard lines from them in stainless. Assuming it's good quality and fits right I'll be a happy camper.

The only problem that I had with the stainless hard lines was to get them to seal at the fittings. You may have to tighten,,back off,,tighten,,back off.....etc. To seat the line and get them to seal. I wasn't the only one to have this happen.

I don't recall the part number, but I got mine from Rock Auto a few months ago.

-
Back