Rear cam plug Install

-

68gtx

Reaction score
Not sure which way this plug goes in , it's the one behind the cam anyone?the old one was in the opposite way to the pictures one , the dish was facing out

Attachments

• image.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 1,887
Because that,s the wrong type frost plug/cam plug.You have to get the frost plug style that is on the side of the block and the right size,mrmopartech

I have never seen one like that before. They have always been a shallow dish with no shoulder. The dish should go out and you need to dent center in to expand it to the bore. Make sure you use some black Permatex to add to the seal. tmm

Attachments

• 100_5151.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 1,958
This is a 91 roller block , this is the style that was in it before , I was told to avoid using the other dish style cause they leak??the two frost plug kits I hit came with that dish style , I had to search hi and low for this style , are I guys sure its the wrong style?

It the right one. It goes in with the side shown in the pic facing the out side. Use a slight smear of sealant in the bore and drive it in till it bottoms. This is my preferred cam plug, always had bad luck with the welch plug style leaking.

Roller block. No wonder it looks different.

Lip faces out on that one, use a skin of sealant in the bore when installing.
The cup style u just put in place "cup side towards cam" and then use a extension "round side" or punch....and in the center wack with a hammer and it expands/wedges in place, then run a small head of sealant around the edge to keep it leak free. Simple...

hi, I never had one of those welch plugs leak you have to know how to install them correctly!! the other style is about only one offered now. use a silicon sealer on edges and drive it in. then put a small bead around the edges where it joins the block.

-
Back