Rear Center Brake Line Hardware

-

68coupe

Reaction score
I have a 71 Dart that I bought as a basket case. I need to know how the rear center brake line attaches to the body. Also need to know how the e-brake cable is mounted through there. Here is what I'm working with. Anybody have any pictures? Thanks

DSCN3557.JPG

I can't get pictures because our car is out of the garage right now for another project, but here's the diagram from the service manual.

There should be metal "tabs" on the body that the cable threads through... Look at the front cable bracket in the diagram below...

71 Dart Pk Brk A01 B.jpg

I can't get pictures because our car is out of the garage right now for another project, but here's the diagram from the service manual.

There should be metal "tabs" on the body that the cable threads through... Look at the front cable bracket in the diagram below...

View attachment 1714937882
Great, that handles the e-brake cable. I have the equalizer and front e-brake cable. Now, just need the brake line details. Thanks krazycuda.

Great, that handles the e-brake cable. I have the equalizer and front e-brake cable. Now, just need the brake line details. Thanks krazycuda.

Your welcome...

The brake line weaves around the frame rail with some attaching clips.

I have a 69 Dart on jack stands in the garage right now. If you think it will help, I can get some pictures of the brake line routing...

I have a 69 Dart on jack stands in the garage right now. If you think it will help, I can get some pictures of the brake line routing...
I have this picture of the detail on my 68 B'cuda, but the L bracket for attaching the rubber brake line is integral to the body. Looks like the 71 is a bolt on bracket. I would think that the 69 is probably closer to the 68 Barracuda.

DSCN1324.jpg

I just took some pictures of the 69 Dart for you. I need about 20 minutes to load, resize, and post for you...

Stay tuned....

I have this picture of the detail on my 68 B'cuda, but the L bracket for attaching the rubber brake line is integral to the body. Looks like the 71 is a bolt on bracket. I would think that the 69 is probably closer to the 68 Barracuda.

View attachment 1714937883

I think the bracket is attached on the 71 also. It was on my son's 71 valiant when we did his recently...

Could someone have removed/cut off the one from your car?

Thank you very much, krazykuda. I've saved all of your pictures in case I, or anyone else, need them.

Here are some shots of the 71 Valiant that I just took now that it's light out. It has the one piece bracket for the brake lines like the 69 Dart...

DSC04221 B.jpg

DSC04223 B.jpg

Here's looking forward from behind the rear tire. We just replaced all of the brake lines and cables also. You can see how they route as you look toward the front...

DSC04225 B.jpg

DSC04226 B.jpg

The bracket that I circled is where the pass side parking brake cable bolts to. The cable an attaching bracket that bolts to it...

I think you may need to weld or make some attachment for your hydraulic lines since it's missing...

DSCN3557 b.jpg

Man that is a ton of pix KK! Very good.

BTW, OP, I bought prebent lines form Inline Tube for my '62 Dart and they fit in exactly where the original went. So getting a line from them might help you.

I got the e-brake cables cleaned and installed today. I've also ordered a L bracket for the brake line attachment. Progress!
Thanks for the help, guys.

-
Back