Rear Deck Lid Spoiler for '67 Dart GT

-

MoparCrazy34

Small time Mopar Collector
Reaction score
Why can't I find even a picture of a Dart/Valiant 2 door with a rear deck lid spoiler? I have found some online for sale for A bodies, but when you google a '67 or '69 Dart GT for example,there are tons with the cross over stripe but not a one with a rear spoiler. I think the right spoiler would look awesome... what am I missing? I am planning on putting one on my '67 Dart GT, Dark blue, I will get the cross over stripe in white, and the spoiler will sit on the stripe and be white as well...any thoughts?

Just stop... Spoilers on vintage cars look like a booger hanging from the nose of a beautiful girl...

I've never thought the A bodies looked good with a wing. There are a few B bodies I think they work for. But it's your car man, fix it up like you want.

Your car you do what you want.

Many awesome cars built by the factory were first built by enthusiasts.

Why can't I find even a picture of a Dart/Valiant 2 door with a rear deck lid spoiler?

Here you go...Charlie Allen's Saddleback Dodge '69 Dart funny car at OCIR. This was the only decklid spoiler I ever liked on the '67-'69 body style.
I think the wing-style spoilers look terrible on A-bodies.

CharlieAllenSaddlebackDodge.jpg

I have never been a fan or seen one I liked on a 67 dart but it's your car so do what makes you happy

I believe Mustangs came out with these spoilers and I'll never understand why Mopar thought it was a good idea to follow their lead.
1711811433737.png

Here is what it would look like on the car.

Not for me but, not my car.

I have a friend that has a beautiful I think '69 AMX. It was a very nice Go Green 4 speed car. First he had it painted black, And then he put one of those big aluminum ricer wings on that poor car. It just looks like dogshit! But then he bought a '57 Chevy that someone shortened taking out the back seat, I mean real short. So I guess his tastes are a little different than mine are. Sorry, don't have any pictures.

Gull Wings on 1971 cars only. The rest just don't look correct to me. I do not like the ford style GO Wing on the 70 cars they look like mustang wanna-be's. Even the tail stripe on a 67 will look out of place to any mopar person. They belong on the 68-70 dodges. Why pretend you have something you don't.

-
Back