Rear disc brakes..anyone used these?

-

carcrazyguy

Reaction score
Anyone used this rear disc set-up from "tomsclassic"? I was going with Wilwoods front and rear but decided that I want to be able to run 15 rallyes that will not clear the Wilwood set-up. So I am thinking about using a stock 73 disc front set-up with the Mopar aluminum master cylinder.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/mopar-8-3-4...666&pid=100015&prg=1085&rk=1&sd=230575563732&

-----------------------------------------------------

Are they GM metric calipers?
Not to difficult to put them together using the GM metric calipers, readily available brackets and Lincoln rotors. I think the rear discs on my car cost a grand total of 200 or so.....

I need to locate a complete front rotor that matches and will work with my 73 donor stuff. But it is time to sleep now!

Looking back over the kits and the previous thread. These kits do not appear to have dust shields. Not sure if that is something that can bolted on or not. Maybe something that could be sourced locally from the parts store and bolted on???

Looking back over the kits and the previous thread. These kits do not appear to have dust shields. Not sure if that is something that can bolted on or not. Maybe something that could be sourced locally from the parts store and bolted on???
Pretty much anything can be fabricated to a point.

I need to locate a complete front rotor that matches and will work with my 73 donor stuff. But it is time to sleep now!
Just the normal run of the mill big bolt pattern stuff? If so, last I checked Napa still lists them.....

If you have all the '73+ disk stuff you can run 11.75" rotors off the later B/R body cars. All you need is the rotor and the caliper brackets, which you can now get from Dr. Diff for $100 here.

Summit sells a nice set of drilled and slotted 11.75 rotors, right here and left here.

They work with a 15" rim (and fill it out pretty darn well) and will be a better balance with any of the rear disks that you choose. I run the 11.75" rotors on my Challenger and my Duster, and have the parts to upgrade my Dart's before they hit the road. Easy swap if you have the '73 disks already, as its just the rotors and brackets that you need, you still use the stock calipers (as long as they're the slider type). The larger rotor gives a nice increase in stopping power without spending a ton on new calipers, and they're pretty much the largest set up that will work with a 15" rim.

If you have all the '73+ disk stuff you can run 11.75" rotors off the later B/R body cars. All you need is the rotor and the caliper brackets, which you can now get from Dr. Diff for $100 here.

Summit sells a nice set of drilled and slotted 11.75 rotors, right here and left here.

They work with a 15" rim (and fill it out pretty darn well) and will be a better balance with any of the rear disks that you choose. I run the 11.75" rotors on my Challenger and my Duster, and have the parts to upgrade my Dart's before they hit the road. Easy swap if you have the '73 disks already, as its just the rotors and brackets that you need, you still use the stock calipers (as long as they're the slider type). The larger rotor gives a nice increase in stopping power without spending a ton on new calipers, and they're pretty much the largest set up that will work with a 15" rim.

I did this on my Dart and then bought a new rear disc setup 10" for the Jeep 8 1/4" which is a nice setup with the internal emergency brake inside the rotor. Dan

rotorpros.com , I got my 78 cordoba rotors "both" for IIRC, $140.00 shipped. That's drilled and slotted. Best price your gunna find

-
Back