Rear Disc Brakes

-

longarm

Car sold back to original owners
Reaction score
Price is right for sure.

I'm going to be building a custom 8 3/4 in the near future, and those might be a viable option.

Drilled & slotted rotors with braided steel lines for $275. - Now that sounds like a heck of a good price.

Man those look nice, I wonder if there is a small bolt option
and I wonder if they will fit in a 14" rim

Does the kit require green bearings or can OEM bearings be used?

sent from my iPhone

Man those look nice, I wonder if there is a small bolt option
and I wonder if they will fit in a 14" rim

The picture seems to show the rotors drilled for 2 different bolt patterns but it could be 4&1/2 and 4&3/4.

Did you ever complete/perfect your system for the
8 3/4 abody small pattern rearend?

I bought his kit and sourced the rotors, calipers and recommended brake hoses from Rock Auto. Everything went together perfectly and all I'm now waiting to do is get the wagon inside so the rear end can be installed. This kit was for the LBP axles and if a kit became available for the SBP, I'd be interested in it as well.

Attachments

• 2014-08-13 16.59.31.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 232
I bought his kit and sourced the rotors, calipers and recommended brake hoses from Rock Auto. Everything went together perfectly and all I'm now waiting to do is get the wagon inside so the rear end can be installed. This kit was for the LBP axles and if a kit became available for the SBP, I'd be interested in it as well.

What was your cost of the complete system, if you don't mind sharing.
Did you use an A-body rearend with aftermarket axles and bearings or a
B-body LBP rearend.

Looks like 94-04 Mustang V6/GT calipers and rotors. The Mustang calipers have an integrated parking brake.

Lack of parking brake is a no go for me.

What was your cost of the complete system, if you don't mind sharing.
Did you use an A-body rearend with aftermarket axles and bearings or a
B-body LBP rearend.

I'd have to go back in my files to find out the cost. It ought to be pretty close to the current Rock Auto prices I'd guess. As Dano posted below, they are in fact the 94-04 Mustang calipers and rotors. I sourced the pads and hardware locally for less than $40. I got some core calipers on the cheap and used them as my trade-in at Rock. After I received the rotors I had my machine shop guy turn them 40 thou to fit the LBP axle hubs. Dodgedifferent2 opted to turn his axle hubs but as he said it can be done either way. The housing is a stock A Body rear end and I used shortened/re-splined C Body axles I had. This set-up uses the stock taper bearings - which I had installed new. I would think his caliper adapters would also work on any 8.75 that uses LBP axles. I might even do the conversion on my 67 Charger, as it was pretty easy to do.

Looks like 94-04 Mustang V6/GT calipers and rotors. The Mustang calipers have an integrated parking brake.

Lack of parking brake is a no go for me.

You are correct in the Mustang rotors/calipers. Unless I run antique tags in VA (no inspection)I need a parking brake. Once I get the rear end installed, then I'll see about connecting the wagon's intermediate cable to the Mustang calipers.

I talked to the designer of this kit this morning, he said:

Designed for green bearing LBP axle
Can add E-brakes calipers with cables for $75.00 more

He also said they sell a lot of green bearings used in autocross
and have not had any failures to date.

He also said they sell a lot of green bearings used in autocross
and have not had any failures to date.
That is mainly because when the bearings fail they go get the taper bearings or replace the green bearings with another green bearing from a different supplier.

I do not have a small bolt pattern rotor to use for this option and can't find a good source for one, but i have not been looking.
The cost for the mustang rotor/caliper swap, is the price of getting a
calipers
rotors
brake flex hoses
and ebrake cable
plus the cost of the adapter plates $150

everything on that list is wear parts except the adapter plates. You will have all the bolts needed to bolt these adapter plates on.

I did get my ebrake working on my dart, but never got a good picture of what i did, but it was very simple. I do know i moved the one bracket under the car.
And it too damn cold right now to crawl under the car -22 degree Celsius

-
Back