rear disc conversion

-

red cuda

Reaction score
who makes rear disc conversions for 8.25? I just purchased a housing. gotta get axles, and gear. this for the the 65 barracuda. the housing will fit right in, without any mods. just have to build it. the car has the 7.25, but its starting to go. I have looked on summit, and jegs, but all their stuff is 8.75. thanks.

The 94 to around 2000 Grand Cherokee rear discs is pretty much a bolt-in. You gotta enlarge the center register a little. Guess the biggest thing people don't like is the e brake is enclosed within the rotor.

The 94 to around 2000 Grand Cherokee rear discs is pretty much a bolt-in. You gotta enlarge the center register a little. Guess the biggest thing people don't like is the e brake is enclosed within the rotor.
thanks. I was told the chunk from a 90s 8.25 Dakota will work. not sure of the exact years though.

If you do a search there are a number of threads concerning what year gears you can and cannot use, what axles to use, and the disc conversion.

I myself have a 73 ABody housing and axles, a 3.21 sure grip and a 94-98 Grand Cherokee disc set-up that I will eventually get built.

If you do a search there are a number of threads concerning what year gears you can and cannot use, what axles to use, and the disc conversion.

I myself have a 73 ABody housing and axles, a 3.21 sure grip and a 94-98 Grand Cherokee disc set-up that I will eventually get built.
yeah. I don't mind buying new axles. but, I would like to get everything else at pull a part, or I would buy a conversion kit, if the price was good.

yeah. I don't mind buying new axles. but, I would like to get everything else at pull a part, or I would buy a conversion kit, if the price was good.

To keep the cost down, at the pic apart I would try and find a set of Jeep or Dakota gears with the 27 spline (do a little research on the cutoff year for this - think it's 97). A lot could have a sure grip. While at the Pic A Part grab all the rear disc parts from a 94-98 or so Grand Cherokee. Put an ad in the Wanted for a set of A Body 27 spline axles or order a brand new set. You might see if brand new A Body size axles could be had in 29 spline so you could use the later 98 or so stuff. I could be mistaken but thought there was a member selling the disc conversion which then all you would need would be the axles and center gear area. A search might turn up something . Hope this helps a little!

sent from my iPhone

-
Back